Power Mac has the most inexperienced staff

Discussion in 'Power Mac Center' started by Everythinglou, Dec 28, 2015.

1. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

I think there is a policy that one apple authorized seller per location.

2. zero.

zero. Active Member

What's new with Powermac? Avoid that place like a plague.

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. Everythinglou

Everythinglou Member

Actually that's the style of apple in other countries they will just let you inspect the unit play with it and you need to call them incase but when you go to the store someone will ask you 1st if you need help and if you said no they will just leave you alone which is a very good strategy, even in Digital walker they practice this approach but the difference here is that nobody asked you when you got in the store

4. Nicky

Nicky Member

^ So why did they scurry over to the matrona?

Hah, I had the same experience at PMC Greenbelt 3. So I made the drive to BTB Century City that same day to get the MBP I wanted there, after confirming on the phone that the model I wanted was available.

5. makinao

makinao Active Member

Wasn't there an old thread where someone from PMC actually participated, but eventually disappeared after getting swamped by complaints?

6. isaak

isaak Active Member

Hi everyone, would like to seek your help.

We conducted a promo where we gave away iPhone 6. Our purchasing dept. bought the units from Powermac Sta. Rosa. When one of the winners opened the unit it wouldn't turn on. He brought it to a Power Mac branch (we don't know where) and it said it was a software problem. They said they won't replace it, that he needs to bring it to the branch he brought it from.

So he returned the phone to us. We then asked our purchasing to process the replacement. After two days, we got a replacement. Thing is, only the unit was replaced. It came with the box of the first unit.

When I checked the serial number of the replacement unit it said: 'We're sorry but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct you need to contact us."

My question is, is this a legitimate way to replace iPhone units under warranty and with a factory defect? What steps can we take to get a proper replacement from Powermac?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

7. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Hmmm... I'll have to check on PMC again as to when they plan to review all the threads here regarding their company.

In the meantime, I'll forward your message to them.

isaak likes this.
  8. Nottism

Nottism New Member

I have been reading comments about PMC and most of them are really discouraging. Any suggestion of a reputable Apple Service Centers in Manila that I can claim or avail of the warranty of my Iphone 6s that I got from PLDT/SMART? I've heard good things about Sencolink though. Thanks in advance.

9. makinao

makinao Active Member

I doubt it. Go to any major mall in metro manila and there are at least two authorised Apple resellers.

10. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

I remember iStudio in GH and the AASC in rob galle. I prefer the latter.

11. Nathan Jonah

Nathan Jonah Member

Thank you for telling me this. I once bought a case from the Festivals mall branch, and I must say they had really few choices. I was in a hurry to get my case for my 6s Plus, but I had no choice but to get it. I wanted to get the Tech21 Impact case, but it turns out it wasn't there. Digital Walker on the other hand is way better, and they are the better experts and with a wide selection of cases to choose from. Gosh, I'll never ever buy from there ever again.

12. kutsaratinidor

kutsaratinidor Active Member

My girlfriend had issues with her Globe issued iPhone 6, we went to iStudio (the service center is across the actual store) in Glorietta, they were pretty accommodating and only asked the necessary questions. Even when we had to go back because the first replacement unit had a problem as well. I would recommend that if you're in the area. My initial choice was Beyond the Box in Greenhills, but we decided to be practical in terms of travel time and distance from our place. :)

13. Nottism

Nottism New Member

Thanks so much for the info and suggestion!

14. PinkAngel

PinkAngel New Member

I agree with you. I went there last week because I was planning to buy MBA. I was there for 15 minutes but no one even bother to attend to me. I got so pissed that I decided to buy at BTB RW. They were really nice and accommodating.

15. Nottism

Nottism New Member

I got my Iphone 6s replaced (brand new) by Power Mac Center Sm Aura Branch within the day. I came in with a cloud of doubt having those negative comments at the back of my mind but to my surprise, the staff were friendly and helpful. Thanks to Russell, I walk out of the store with a brand new phone. One happy camper here. Keep up the good work ,PMC Sm Aura branch!

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I don't know about other PMC. But, the one in Festival Mall has been very good to me. I've been there three times, and all times they were all quick and prompt. Sometimes, the other praised service centres on the other threads has given me headaches.

docjbr likes this.
  17. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

At least there are also cases where PMC has been providing good service. It would've been really tragic if PMC failed all the time. So this ought to be a beacon of hope that they may be doing the right thing and improve where they have failed in the past

Nottism likes this.
  18. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

I've already forwarded the recent issues to our contact person in Power Mac Center.

Let's wait for their response. ;)

Fervish likes this.
  19. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Got an iPhone 5SE from Powermac SM Aura. We were attended to very well, and they even allowed my parents, who are senior citizens, to wait at the lounge while they set up the phone (in my presence).

20. marxisaaa

marxisaaa New Member

So far, I have no issues with the Macbook Pro that i got from PMC. Wish I will not experience this from them.