Portable Hotspot Shortcut?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by ice, Jul 13, 2015.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Is there a shortcut in iOS to quickly turn on Portable Hotspot?

Or is there an App available?

2. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

There used to be a way to set shortcuts on the home screen for the various Settings but Apple removed that functionality. This was way back in iOS5. Right now, I personally go through the motion of tapping Settings > Personal Hotspot > On.

Haven't come across an app for this yet.

3. raze19

raze19 Active Member

No way to do it on stock iOS.

Joining the dark side of the force will give you a variety of ways to do it.

No I am not encouraging you to do it.

proceed at your own risk.

4. chandlerparsons

download launcher app. add shortcut to notification center

5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks... Will give that a try

6. shutterbug

shutterbug Member

have you found a way to make shortcuts in activating cellular data and personal hotspot?

7. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Hi guys! Is there a way to make my iPhone's portable wifi hotspot easily discoverable. My iPhone 5 and 6s Plus are very hard to detect and almost always, it takes a long time for them to appear when i choose the wifi option. And worst is, they get easily "hijacked" that is, it easily connects to other networks previously connected to it such as my dsl wifi router.

My android phone's hotspot is easily detectable and connects spontaneously and doesn't easily gets hijacked with other wifi signals. Thank you for your help.

#7 pinoyslinger, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. kutsaratinidor

kutsaratinidor Active Member

I think it has something to do with the sequence of starting up your iphone's hotspot mode. Because I think the usual step is Turn on Mobile data, then turn hotspot mode on. You don't have to turn the wifi on because personal hotspot mode will do this for you in the background. I think you turn on wifi after turning on mobile data hence it connects to known access points after.

9. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Thanks
    Thank you. I have to turn off the wifi so it won't auto connect. Still, it takes a long time, minutes, for them to appear as a wifi source though.