Polio Vaccine Certification for all travellers in and out of PHilippines

Discussion in 'Travel' started by dasaint, Oct 10, 2019.

1. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Can I humbly request the MODs to delete this thread as the thread starter.
    I feel a majority of members find the thread as "alarmist" rather than being helpful.
    I have never had that intention.

#61 dasaint, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just passed Immigration. No certificates asked. Didn’t pull the eye-to-eye acknowledgment. Baka lang bigla ako hingan. Yuko muna ;)

raypin likes this.
  3. ransom

ransom Well-Known Member

Nah, I think this is a potentially fruitful thread and you were right to start it. It's proven useful for those who have plans to leave for Indonesia and who knows what countries will follow suit? Keeping an eye on SG as will be headed there for the U2 concert by end of November. If time permits, I will find my way to the bureau of quarantine to get the oral vaccine. My wife and a bunch of her fellow doctors got theirs during the lunch break of their convention in Manila Hotel yesterday. No stock of intravenous vaccine.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

5. hitme64

^Which is head-scratching since only 3% or so Pinoys have been going to Indonesia (specifically Bali) compared to 31% going to Singapore, 25% to Thailand and even 18% to Hong Kong. About 17% more to the USA and Canada and 8% to Europe. Given that number, shouldn’t these countries be more strict in applying polio (and other diseases) advisories into their territories?

Apparently, DOH has said that Indonesia’s proximity to Mindanao (where most polio cases have been detected) is the one reason for the advisory. Well, ok.

6. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

May I have a source for your numbers?

7. hitme64

DOH figures during last Cabinet Meeting. Why?

8. ransom

ransom Well-Known Member