Pokémon GO

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by jmkerr12, Jul 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. textguru

textguru Active Member

try to zoom in... test it in SM MOA and there you should see lots of pokemon

2. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I noticed that in our neighbourhood, dumami ang Growlithe, Staryu, and Bulbasaur. Tapos kumonti naman ang Pidgey. Kaya sisters ko may Arcanine na din. Ako naman, hirap na hirap humuli ng Bubasaur kahit na may Razzberry and Ultra Ball na na gamit. Haaay.

Then yesterday, it was raining Magikarps sa Las Pinas City Hall. Nasa 20+ na lang need ko na Magikarp candies.

3. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Just got back from our holiday in Dipolog/Dapitan where we stayed in Dakak Beach Resort. For both cities, there were no more than 15 stops combined. In the resort, there was just a lone Pokestop in a pool beside the beach. Given these conditions, let me share some observations that made my Poke-hunting over the long weekend a great success...

1. it seems that as soon as the game detects your new (and far away) location, they give you really nice ones. before even getting off the plane, I got a Pikachu. then throughout my stay there, the ones appearing were those i really needed to farm and evolve (or maybe it was just coincidence that the ones i needed most were the most abundant there, but hey I'm not complaining)

2. over at the resort whenever there were sightings of what I wanted, all I had to do was walk towards the lone stop and they'd all almost always appear right on top and around the stop itself. if the water-based ones I need (Shellder and Seel) were sighted, I'd walk towards the beach and they (and all the other water-based ones in my sightings) appear like clockwork

3. while riding a vehicle there were no sightings at all except the usual birds and rodents. but every time I use an incense my screen lights up with really nice ones (Geodude, Graveler, Vulpix, Diglett, Nidorans and Growlith to name a few) which never ever happened to me while driving around metro manila while under the influence of an incense :D

4. a co-worker once told me that places of great historical value gives out rare ones and sited as example the Aguinaldo Shrine in Kawit where he caught a Haunter and others. when I went to Rizal Shrine though, best I got there in the area was a Clefairy. So I was kinda disappointed there coz the whole time I thought I'd catch a Snorlax or Lapras because of the historical value theory. I guess YMMV on this one (if this historical value theory is true at all)

Another valuable lesson I learned as well is make sure to always have lots of 'em balls. I didn't exactly stock up before my trip but was fortunate to just have a lot when I left Manila. I had 150+ reds, 100+ blues and 40+ blacks when I got there. I went home with just 9 blues and 20+ blacks. There was just not enough stops to replenish. So keep that in mind if you're going somewhere that's suspect of having very few stops

While I do consider to have had good fortune in the quality of Pokemons I got, please note that it still takes some time for the sightings list to refresh. It wasn't like they were popping up left and right within seconds of each other. Both nights I stayed up until 2am walking around the resort waiting for good ones to be sighted.

All in all, I'd consider my weekend a great success Poke-wise. While I didn't catch any of the big rare ones, I did learn some things about how the game works based on the conditions I was presented in that area to the point where the occurrences were very much predictable

#163 mongkee, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    mokmoki and kutsaratinidor like this.
  4. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I'll Pokemon go to the Phil. for this job listing. I could earn a living by playing.
    upload_2016-8-29_22-52-21.png

5. anjerodesu

anjerodesu Member

There's hearsay that US Embassy and Mall of Asia bay have Dratinis. Haven't checked the US embassy but got 1 from Mall of Asia.

6. chocoholicmom

chocoholicmom Member

guys, has anyone tried to buy pokecoins? would it be worth it for the bag upgrades and lucky eggs? ;)

7. emsy

emsy Active Member

why does it require an android phone?

8. mongkee

If you're willing to spend real-world money, my advice would be the ff:
    • Consider buying the bag upgrade right from the start. It's permanent and the main objective is to allow you to carry more balls. Remember, more balls = more ammo to spend catching whatever that comes your way. Mine is at 600 max and there's still the option to upgrade higher. This has actually helped me get through the long weekend where I was somewhere with very very few Pokestops to source balls from. So this investment has paid off for me already
    • Next, you should always buy and have enough incubators for those 5 and 10km eggs. More eggs hatching means more chances to get new ones and/or bigger amount of candies (some eggs give out as much as 20+ candies of the hatched Pokemon) for those you already have but are collecting more to evolve
    • Next in the list are incense. These are important if you want them to appear more frequently, but it's no guarantee that the chances of rare ones appearing would be higher
    • Then buy a few lucky eggs strictly for leveling up using your surplus Pidgeys, Weedles, Caterpies and other extras that you can evolve with enough candies. Save up first on lots and lots of extra common ones, then when you're not out catching use a lucky egg and spend the entire 30mins just evolving
    The rest of stuff for sale in the store you can ignore. Or at least that's what I've been doing and so far the above mentioned has worked for me

chocoholicmom likes this.
  9. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I haven't tried purchasing Pokecoins as I always collect Defender bonuses. Although 10 lang every 22 hours. Now, ang rule ko lagi when purchasing anything for a game using real money, I ask myself if this is a game worth investing in. There are games kasi na fun lang sa umpisa pero we already know that we won't be playing it for long. So masasayang lang money mo. Once you're decided to purchase Pokecoins, I would purchase bag upgrades. That's what I'm saving for right now kasi yun ang pinaka challenge ng mga tao ngayon.

I just want to share that when VainGlory was still new, I supported them by purchasing using real money kasi I noticed how the developers worked so hard to make the game really enjoyable and amazing, and until now I still enjoy playing it. Bonus din ang super active na community.

chocoholicmom likes this.
  10. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Five Ways Pokemon Go Can Win Players Back | comicbook

I honestly like item #2 PvP Battles...

Other things I hope the developer adds...

1. Would also be nice if you permanently loose the Pokemon you leave at "Gyms"
    2. Nintendo should sell controls so that you can control your Pokemon - Street Fighter style
    3. If more than 1 player is at the gym, the system should be able to detect that and inform the other players... I just one a battle and before I can screen shot my victory, another player has already beaten my Pokemon :(

11. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I just hatched my 10km egg this morning, and got a snorlax!
    20160904_064022.png

mongkee, ronnel0918, Sheryl. and 4 others like this.
  12. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

read in the tipidpc thread that a user's officemates who cheat, only got 4-hour soft bans, not permanent bans. maybe niantic is not implementing the permanent ban on all cheaters in order to keep them as players?

makes me wonder which is greater in number, the banned cheaters who just quit and don't make another account, or the quitters who were turned-off by the game due to the cheaters...

#172 gravija_flare, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  13. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Well-Known Member

So inggit!
    I got Snorlax last night but only CP 47. Although still exciting cause I caught one. Plus 2 Pikachus. :)

14. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^wow where did u get the pikachus?

15. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I haven't backread yet to see if these locations have been mentioned already, but I'm leaving this response in here in hopes that they may prove helpful to some trainers.

To preface, all of these are based on my going around so they should be fairly accurate with slight variations for monsters like Dragonite and Snorlax as with any rare Pokemon they only appear from time to time. You have to be either lucky or otherwise very patient as there's never a guarantee—to my knowledge—as to when they exactly spawn taking into consideration time and place.

Camping PokeStops:

Growlithe - Greenbelt (I wouldn't necessarily call it a nest, but found plenty more of them here compared to any other location.)
    Magikarp - Shangri-La Plaza
    Voltorb, Magnemite (other thunder monsters too) - Mall of Asia
    Dratini and Dragonair - Mall of Asia

Rarer appearances:

Dragonite - SM Megamall, Rizal Park, Quezon Memorial Circle
    Snorlax - Rizal Park (I saw Snorlax twice here in the same week, but the other one with 2K CP got away. Very salty about it!)
    Lapras - Manila Ocean Park
    Gengar - Quezon Memorial Circle
    Blastoise - RCBC Plaza
    Jolteon and Vaporeon - Mall of Asia
    Alakazam - Going around Makati and happen to capture this sneaky guy near Ayala Triangle. Lucky to have captured him with only one Ultra Ball being inside a moving vehicle and all. Disclaimer: I wasn't the one driving. :p
    Jynx - Landmark
    Kabutops - Greenbelt
    Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan - Mall of Asia

(I will edit as I get the time!)

16. mongkee

I'm seeing more and more players (friends/co-workers of mine) going down the cheating route either thru GPS spoofing or they ask relatives/friends abroad to catch Pokemons using their accounts. Sadly, it has just become a "who-has-the-most" contest. The thrill of looking and finding is dwindling among players day after day. But it's that thrill that always keeps me going and the feeling of catching a new one (or two or three...) is always satisfying.

My Pokedex has become my 'lil source of pride as I can say I caught 'em all cheat-free. Been accused a number of times, often jokingly, that I've used some sort of cheat, but it's just good 'ol walking around in different places and lots of patience. And for proof, I show them my Health app data on the number of steps I've taken since August 6 (the day Pokemon Go went live in PH). Case closed agad sila :LOL:

Heck, I can't even say I've been lucky since I haven't caught any of the big and rare ones like Snorlax, Lapras, etc. but I really don't mind. Just enjoying the game immensely for now :whistle:

suavecito likes this.
  17. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

18. mongkee

19. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Ever since I hatched that egg and got a Snorlax, I haven't played anymore. LOL. In fact, no one plays Pokemon Go anymore in our household or in our workplace. Most of them uninstalled the app. There used to be so many people playing pokemon right outside our building before that it was almost too annoying to watch, but now it's back to the old traffic.

The game has become too boring. I think the updates are already too late and will not draw their expected return of players anymore. They should have applied the updates back when people were still crazy over the game.

20. DarkHalf

DarkHalf Active Member

Aerodactyl appeared in my sightings when we were in Eastwood last Friday night. However, it was gone within the 10-minute spawn, and unfortunately, the closest we got to finding it was 4 steps, so still too far away to catch. :(

Gyarados appeared in RCBC Plaza Makati a few weeks ago, I was lucky to be in the vicinity. :) Caught a 1515 CP one with good IVs, and with only 1 Ultra Ball. :D

I hatched all of my other rares, but have yet to get Dragonite, Snorlax, Lapras, Farfetched and Mr. Mime. :)

Edelheid likes this.