podcasts on apple watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vtf, Mar 17, 2019.

1. vtf

vtf Active Member

62C76CED-258A-434F-863F-FB193F1184E6.png I’ve tried for several months now to figure out why i cant delete old podcasts even when i’ve “deselected” them from my phone. This has sometimes prevented me from updating or adding new ones. in other words, there is always a 50:50 chance that my preferred podcast will be updated.

the screen capture shows that i’ve only selected The Bright Sessions but all other disabled podcasts remain stored in my watch.

the software on both devices are updated. i’ve also tried unpairing and re-pairing the watch. These steps did not address the issue.

Coming from an iphone 7+, i thought my new XR would eventually address this very recurring problem

2. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Wish I could help, but I use Overcast for my podcasts, and apart from the inability to control when to transfer a podcast to the watch, everything else works as expected.

vtf likes this.
  3. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Weird. As per this Apple Support article: Listen to music and podcasts on your Apple Watch, the episodes are automatically removed after listening to them.

4. vtf

vtf Active Member

E5577419-F435-4C87-A4F3-398E88D680B5.png
    i actually like that feature of deleting an episode after i’ve heard it.

it doesnt delete music after you’ve listened to a track. unless that track came from a podcast like state of trance by armin van buuren.

today i decided to toggle “listen now” instead of “custom”.

will give you updates

Roman likes this.
  5. vtf

vtf Active Member

“listen now” somehow made it worse! files transferred were corrupted like a repetitive broken vinyl! went back to “custom settings” where all previous podcasts were uploaded into the watch (even when i’ve only selected one). Guess i’ll have to live with this until an update resolves this very buggy application.

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Just get overcast - it is freemium. ;)

vtf likes this.