Pocket Wifi Devices (m

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by rflores, Nov 21, 2013.

1. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

You can only send SMS thru the web dashboard. The app is quite barebones to be honest, haha, but still useful for quickly checking if you have signal or see the battery level. I hope they would add more features including changing network settings and sending SMS.

That model isn't really a 4G one, just HSPA+ which Globe brands as '4G'. And, HSPA+ is 3G. :)

It's P1,995 nalang on Globe, and I suppose you can unlock that for free as well. ;)

2. Marianne

Marianne Member

Oh too bad. I guess I have to stick to the web browser for now.

3. suburbia

suburbia Member

Sun is offering e5220 for only 1500 if you get a 699 easy broadband unli plan with it. To add, is does not have a contract. :)

4. rflores

rflores Well-Known Member

If it is under 699 Easy Broadband Unli Plan, how come it does not have a contract/holding period? Can you shed a light on this?

5. suburbia

suburbia Member

The original price of Easy Broadband is actually 799 but if you bundle it to your existing 2G Postpaid Plan, it will be discounted to 699. You just need to maintain your 2G plan with SUN to make it discounted.

Then it doesn't have a contract. You can terminate it anytime. Again, there is a one time fee of 1500(for the device) +699(MSF). Really bang for the buck. :)

6. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm using a ZTE MF60. Bought it unlocked from a store in Ortigas.

Cheap, affordable, although does only 3G. But I can get upwards of 20Mbps on it, theoretically. Have only reached up to 12Mbps though. Am using a postpaid SmartBRO SIM in it.

Lasts for about six hours on a charge. Good enough. It's just a backup. I usually just use my iPad 3's SIM connection or Personal Hotspot on my iPhone.

7. ricky

ricky Member

With regards to the Huawei e5776, can't we really use a nanoSim/ microsim adaptor to fit the regular sim size of the device? Anyone tried theirs with an adaptor? Thanks!

8. mnx

mnx Active Member

i use a nano from a iphone5 in my e5776 with 2 adapters... it works...

9. ricky

ricky Member

10. neilrg

neilrg Well-Known Member

Yes you can naman, just be careful lang when you take it out. Sometimes the seams between the SIM itself and the adapter gets stuck on the gold contacts. Baka masira.

11. kaebee

kaebee Member

whats the benefit of having a pocket wifi device? aside from being able to share and connect multiple devices to it?

i've been thinking about this for quite some time now, as i cant decide if i should apply for a plan with data plan, or apply for a pocket wifi.

12. Lakbay888

Lakbay888 Active Member

Personally, its about, maximizing the battery life of your main phone. & not having to get the latest and greatest phones because of LTE capabilities :)

13. Lakbay888

Lakbay888 Active Member

Tried this on my e589. Nano sim adapter works but still gets slightly stuck when you take out the sim. So you have to do this with extra caution.
    Micro sim to regular sim is tricky. Got my sim stuck had to bring it to a technician to take it out hehe..

lesson learned. Now I'm using a regular sim and don't experiment much :)

14. jayssam

jayssam Member

I bought a Huawei Wifi device so that when we're out of the house, the kids can connect their iPad to the internet since it's wi-fi only. It's also openline so I can use either Smart or Globe, whichever has the better connection where we're at.

15. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

Great, helpful thread!

E5776 appeals to me the most. Where can I buy an E5776 unlocked here in Manila? How much would it cost?

16. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

I can use my non-LTE devices like iPad/Android Tablet to browse or watch youtube videos without buffering.. I can play seamless online gaming with my PS3/PSVita.. I can download anywhere using my MBA even if I'm not home or at the office.. The best is that I don't have to charge my iPhone5s trice a day because I'm only using wifi connection not the cellular data LTE on my phone..

17. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

E5776 unlocked goes for 12k afaik. Didn't want to shell out that kind of moolah for a pocket wifi, instead I opted for a Globe-locked one (5k only).

18. Yagbolz

Battery is not a problem..

[​IMG]

Unli-battery (almost) lol

19. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

Yikes. At that price, I'd add a little more and get a Retina mini at legit pricing.

Couldn't find one at SM Cyberzone. Where can I buy these? And Globe-locked ones can be unlocked for free, though, right? Considering getting one before we go abroad.

20. Yagbolz

Everything looks good in gold :)

[​IMG]