PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by barre05, Mar 19, 2020.

1. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

I think the PS Plus Collection is a way for Sony to introduce a selection of great games from the PS4 era that are optimized for the PS5, and to encourage PS5 owners to get a PS+ subscription. I think this benefits those who bought a PS5 and skipped on the PS4, and those who missed adding some of the games in their library when it was previously offered as part of their PS+ subscription.

warmgreentea likes this.
  2. kinse_44

Got an email from Datablitz that says there's no release date and price yet for the PS5. They're just waiting for Sony Asia's official word on price and release date.

It's very likely Datablitz and other retailers will sell the Asian version of the console, and it'll be the official launch and not scalper units from US and other regions.

3. Xcalith

Xcalith Member

I wonder how they'll drop the preorders historically, Datablitz has been notorious with simply dropping pre-orders on their page without any notice. In Japan, pre-orders are strictly limited to one unit per household with geo proof of your residence.

4. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

I’ll probably wait after a year to buy a PS5. When major AAA exclusives are released already. I believe Spiderman Miles Morales and even Horizon Forbidden West will be available on the PS4.

5. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Of all the Playstation launches of the years past, this feels like the most quietest one yet. I mean, many of my gamer friends aren't really talking about it that much, unlike before they'd talk about it for days or weeks with all the excitement for the upcoming titles.

... Or maybe I'm just growing old and the same excitement has left me. :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K likes this.
  6. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah... 20 years ago and I'd go ga-ga over this... just a few mobile games for now. Too many "life happening" events at the moment to bother with the hype.

7. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

For those who have experience buying first gen consoles locally, has there been a trade-in option for older consoles? So I can trade my current PS4 Pro in for the PS5 instead of finding a seller.

8. kinse_44

You're just gonna have to wait for an official announcement from Sony and other retailers on their websites and their social media accounts. Pre orders will be limited also per customer to prevent hoarding.

9. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

Will Sony sell PS5 Digital Edition here considering that there’s no PSN Philippine Store? I’m new to Playstation world as I’m normally a PC or Mobile gamer and while researching on PS5 I just found this and this to me is a huge deterrent in getting the digital edition. Is there an alternate store you can use in Playstation just like Steam?

10. Aargh

You can always create a PSN account and choose any country then you will have access to the ps store for that country.

11. kinse_44

Looking at recent PS5 related news, it seems finding a PS5 Digital Edition unit is harder than the Disc version. Based on pre orders it’s like 2 out of 10 people got the Digital Edition, while the rest got the Disc version. Rumor has it in some regions the Digital Edition will not be sold. Like in the Middle East where preorders was for the Disc version only.

For us maybe we’re not getting the Digital Edition here because of our third world internet. But I hope we’ll still get it for preorders and launch. On the PS4 most of my games are digital. I don’t have much of a physical PS4 game collection. I sell them once I finished them, stopped playing them, or added in the PS+ free games library.

12. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

yeah, I’ve been reading on those workarounds, prepping on how to do it. However, fact is it’s still a hassle and we have to pay a lot more than the actual price of the games for buying codes/cards with fixed values + mark up. So really hope we get our own store too.

13. Aargh

I’ve been using paypal to purchase stuff on psn. Just make a paypal account with the same country of your psn account and you can link your local credit card to your paypal. The exchange rate is a bit tad higher than normal which is a bummer but at least you get to purchase games on psn which can be cheaper than local retailers especially when they are on sale.

14. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

thank you. Will surely try this one out

15. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

On another note, does anyone have any leads where to pre-order PS5 locally?

16. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

HK, TW, SG launch date.

Theus likes this.
  17. Xcalith

Xcalith Member

Still not available locally.

18. Aargh

The silence of Sony about the PS5 is concerning. MS is on a roll this gen!

19. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

I will wait for the release of full black PS5 :D:D:D

20. kinse_44

To me when it comes to Playstation colorways, nothing beats the classic gray color with the classic PS logo. That's the one to wait for.