PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by barre05, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Got this today :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

Sunil_K likes this.
  2. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

How much going rate nowadays of a brand-new PS4? Doesn't matter if it's only 500 GB, basta I want the updated version (slimmer model). And also reliable stores that sells them.

I'm planning to buy one there as gift to my nephews. I could buy one here but it'll be Region 1, so as the games. And if I'm not mistaken, R3 is for Asian countries.

3. cyberathlete

cyberathlete PhilMUG Addict Member

Go get the R1 version instead. If they'll sign up for a PS Plus account, it would be better to get a US based account anyway since you can buy PS store cards off amazon. If they sign up for an Asian (HK) PS Plus account, they would need to have a HK-based credit card with HK billing address or buy PS Store cards from brick and mortar stores in malls, which I assume has a little amount added to the selling price. Also, games are region-free. They can still play either R1 or R3 games regardless of the console version. The only caveat is the downloadable content that would come with the game, but those are just freebies anyway.

sandybridge_guy likes this.
  4. Chip

The console and games aren't region locked naman so you can buy the console there.

sandybridge_guy likes this.
  5. pael

pael Well-Known Member

tempted to buy it for Cinematic mode instead of buying a big *ss 4k TV or a projector. haha. any HDMI input will work, even an XBOX or PC output.

6. Chip

Sharing my playthrough for World of Final Fantasy Demo :)))

7. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

There a surprise new firmware update for the PS4 available this afternoon. PS4 Firmware Update 4.05. AS usual, nothing specific, other than it improves the quality of system performance. Get it now.

[​IMG]

8. iamkiro

iamkiro Member

Hi all, I'm planning to buy a PS4 by November. This'll be my first PS4 since I chose Xbox One before. I wanted to know if you have any tips like accessories games and/or anything related to PS4 that you think I should buy and or do once I'm starting up. I'm currently looking at the PS4 Pro but the Slim can be an option too. tia!

9. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

This Division Update 1.4 is great. I haven't played the game for months, and now I'm back into it like I never left. It's damned fun!

jcsantamarina and weirdohenrico like this.
  10. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

You don't need anything else, really.

11. mac_virgin

mac_virgin Member

im more excited for the ps4 pro release than the local release of my iphone 7 plus. its been a while since i played anything. my last game on my ps3 was metal gear solid V. but took me a while to finish it. around may this year. if i recall it right. this is going to be a crazy time for me. ps4 pro nov. 10(tentative local release date) and iphone 7 plus nov. 11. need to get one since im stuck on iphone first gen when my iphone got stolen last sept. 29 and it just feels weird. but ps4 pro is on top. p.s. please dont be to marked up yo high here or i have to wait a while if im buying in the US. hehe.

12. Chip

Batman: The Telltale Series is gooood!! :D Sharing my playthrough :) Spoilers of course.

Not as frustrating as Telltale Series' Game of Thrones, but the twist and story is effing good! :D

Sunil_K likes this.
  13. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Heads up lang.

The Nov 2016 PS Plus (NA) free games have been available since last night.

We have Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, and as bonuses, cross-buys with the PS Vita Letter Quest Remastered and Pumped BMX. That's four free games this month.

14. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Time to don the cape and cowl. :p:p

[​IMG]

Sunil_K and Chip like this.
  15. Chip

Saw the value of the games when I checked em out earlier, I think all in all, they're worth $119 :)

16. mac_virgin

mac_virgin Member

ps4 pro has landed in manila before the iphone 7! :)

Sunil_K likes this.
  17. ricocamus

ricocamus Member

Does anyone have news on the PSVR bundle.availability in Data Blitz? I've popped in a few times since the initial release at the Power Plant branch and always no stock. Is it just there? Is there stock in other branches? I posted a message on their FB page, but in the meantime wanted to get an independent view. Let me know if you have purchased and where. TIA.

18. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

There is no stock in any branches of DataBlitz, and they tell me there won't be any in the near future. The earliest they'll have stock will be Q1 2017, and that's not a sure thing.

During the launch, Sony had none to sell, they had sold out pre-selling the thing months before then, and that's because nationwide they were only allocating 200 units. More stocks should be available sometime next year.

I've tried to purchase some online abroad, but there's a waiting list, and nobody has any stock anywhere.

You can try the gray market, and I've seen one or two available ones, but they're selling at very high premiums, as much as P40K - P50k, approximately double the regular price, and you'd have to be very desperate to get one at those rates.

ricocamus and Sunil_K like this.
  19. ricocamus

ricocamus Member

Thanks for the input. That explains the dead silence I get from my posted questions on their FB page, usually they are much faster.

Next year won't be so bad, still.have non VR games to finish anyway.

20. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Sorry to post this here, but I'm deciding between XBOX One and PS4. I currently have an XBOX360. I understand that you can still play 360 games on the One but it terms of the wow factor, does the PS4 have the edge? This is for my son, who enjoyed the Tomb Raider game on the 360.