PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by barre05, Jun 11, 2013.

1. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

Sony just announced the PS4. Launching later this year, during the holiday season. And here's the clincher: $399!

Methinks Sony has a winner here. My Wii U has barely gotten any playing time, and the XBOX ONE has no backwards capability and can't play used games, so cross that off my list.

The machine itself looks a lot like the PS2.

Can't wait for the PS4!

E3 2013: PlayStation 4 Design Revealed

2. portgasDace

portgasDace Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

it's already being discussed on another thread.

3. barre05

Yup, i know, but this thread is dedicated to the machine, not E3.

4. cunninglinguist

I think the PS4 will the next-gen console battle here in the Philippines. No used games, intermittent internet connection needs, and useless tv connectivity will drive pinoy xbox gamers to the the PS4.

5. kinse_44

kinse_44 Well-Known Member

i've yet to see articles about Sony's PS4 announcement but dang Sony deserves a high five for the $399 price tag.

before the big two game console companies announced their machines, i was leaning towards in getting the xbox one just to try out a new system and since xbox 360 was quite a success. but now, a lot of gamers are not quite thrilled with the xbox one and have their own could've, would've, should'ves, i might stay with Sony once again.

6. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Just pre-ordered one at amazon. Watch Dogs is the first game that I will be playing on the PS4.

[​IMG]

7. CruciaL

CruciaL Well-Known Member

Fantastic

- -

Got this from another forum:

June 6, 6:07PM(EST)

● DC Universe Online from Sony Online Entertainment has been announced for the PS4. This will allow you to continue your progress from the PS3 version. It'll be released as a digital download later this year. (Link, Thread)
    ● Planeside II from Sony Online Entertainment has also been confirmed for PS4. Also for release this year. (Link, Thread)
    ● Warframe, the free-to-play shooter from Digital Extremes, is definitely coming to PS4. It'll also be using DualShock 4 special functionality somehow. (Link, Thread)
    ● Drive Club - PS4's premiere racing game from Evolution Studios - has been propped up with some new footage pre-E3. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 6:34PM(EST)

● Super Motherload from XGen Studios is announced for PS4's downloadable service. (Link, Thread)

June 6, 9:45PM(EST)

● Tales of Symphonia Unisonant Pack has been announced. It's for PS3, and contains Gamecube title Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World in HD, 60fps, new costumes, movies and more. Check out 1:17:00 in that link. (Link, Thread)
    ● Blacklight: Retribution, from Zombie Studios, is now making its way to PS4. Check out the E3 trailer! (Link, Thread)

June 7, 4:20PM(EST)

● Daylight has been announced from Zombie Studios, published by Atlus. Built in Unreal Engine 4, it's a horror game that uses randomly generated environments each time you enter a room. Check link for full details. For PS4/PC. (Link, Thread)

June 9, 7:31AM(EST)

● Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle for the PS3 was announced a while ago, but we've got a new leaked trailer for you to check out. It's a bit of a shaky cam, but official version should be out soon. (Link, Thread)

June 9, 2:29PM(EST)

● Tekken Revolution is a PS3 exclusive free-to-play take on the classic franchise, coming June 11, 2013. In it, you have the ability to level up characters key attributes alongside enjoying the fighting gameplay. (Link, Thread)

June 10, 6:23PM(EST)

● Destiny of Spirits, coming to PSVita, is a free-to-play "social RPG" in development at Sony Studio Japan with help from Q-Entertainment. Out in 2013, it's a strategy game of sorts where players work together in turn-based battles to unlock an expansive virtual world. (Link)
    ● Knack, PS4's ode to PS1-gen platformers, was demoed by Cerny today. Knack can talk, and he has a deep voice! Very impressive looking! (Link, Thread)

June 11, 12:48AM(EST)

● God of War: Collection has been announced for the PSVita. Nothing really interesting other than that. (Link, Thread)
    ● The Walking Dead: 400 Days is coming to PSVita in a bundle with the first 5 episodes with additional bonus content. This Summer. Rad. (Link)
    ● Grand Theft Auto V is going to have a special $299 bundle with PS3, a copy of the game and a rad GTA brand headset. (Link)
    ● PlayStation 4 Design has been shown! It's like XB1, but with a wicked slant. Gotta check it from all angles to understand. Very interesting take on a traditional design. (Link, Thread)
    ● The Order: 1886 has been revealed by Ready at Dawn with Sony Santa Monica partners, and it's some crazy steampunk monster romp through an alternate timeline. Insane graphics. (Link, Thread)
    ● Killzone: Shadow Fall had a new tease at the Sony conference. Looks pretty sick, you ask me, like a more open-ended take on the series. (Link)
    ● PS4 Launch Games confirmed so far are Killzone, Knack and Driveclub. InFamous: Second Son pushed to Q1 2014. (Link)
    ● InFamous: Second Son has a new trailer for E3, and it looks hot as hell. Unfortunately, that also came with the announcement that it's just barely going to miss launch, as it is slipping to Q1 2014. (Link, Thread)
    ● The Dark Sorcerer is... I have no fucking clue. It's from Quantic Dream. It's for PS4, it featured a sorcerer doing crazy shit and then it cut to green screen and him complaining about a script. Full reveal June 11. (Link, Thread)
    ● Transistor, from Supergiant Games, will be making its debut on PS4 and PC early next year; no other platforms announced as far as I can find. Trailer looked neat. (Link, Thread)
    ● Sony Pictures PS Exclusive Content will be coming to PS4. Other than that it'll be new original entertainment and that it's exclusive, no word as to what form this will take. (Link)
    ● Mercenary Kings, like the 6 games immediately beneath this entry, will have its console debut on PS4. From Tribute Games, it seems to be a hand-drawn run 'n gun that looks intense as hell. (Link, Thread)
    ● Secret Ponchos, from Switchblade Monkeys/Yousuf Mapara, also debuting first on PS4. Inspired by Spaghetti westerns, it looks pretty neat. (Link, Thread)
    ● Don't Starve is already popular on PC, but it'll be coming to consoles on PS4 first. Taking place in a randomly generated world, you must exploit your environment to survive. (Link, Thread)
    ● Outlast was already catching buzz due to the "How Scary is Outlast?" video from IGN, but now we find out it's coming to PS4 as well. (Link, Thread)
    ● Octodad: Dadliest Catch, from newbie developers Young Horses, is an expansion of that weird flippy floppy tech demo-ish Octopus Dad game that has been floating around PC for a while. Truly bizarre. (Link, Thread)
    ● Galak-Z: The Dimensional, from the creators or Skulls of the Shogun, 17-bit games, is coming to PS4. No other details other than he wants the game to have a 16-bit feel. (Link, Thread)
    ● Ray's The Dead, a so-called spiritual successor to Stubbs the Zombie that was on Kickstarter until it was abruptly taken down for "great news", has now shown its cards: It's coming to PS4 in its 'exclusive console debut.' (Link, Thread)
    ● Final Fantasy XIV is also coming to PS4. Previously announced for PS3/PC, so this is a bonus for you early adopters. (Link)
    ● Drive Club will be available FREE on PS+ for a year on PS4! (Link, Thread)
    ● PS+ Required for Multiplayer on the PS4. Sorry guys, everything couldn't be good news. But on the plus side, all media services will remain free for everyone. (Link, Thread)
    ● PS4 has no DRM confirmed - no online to check your games, rent, lending, borrowing all good. The true gamer's machine. (Link, Thread)
    ● PS4 Price has been announced, and we won't be breaking our banks! $399, €399 and £349, respectively. I'd say that's worth it for a platform with no DRM restrictions. (Link, Thread)
    ● PS4 Harddrive will come packed in and is 500GB. Additionally, the system comes with a headset, but no Eyetoy. (Link, Thread)
    ● Sony's Gaikai Cloud Service is launching in 2014. First it will allow the PS3 and PS4 to stream PS3 games; and from there Sony will add that support to Vita. (Link, Thread)
    ● 140 PS4 Games in development, with more than 30 of those being by Sony Worldwide Studios. Click through for just a list of the ones they could announce. (Link)
    ● Beyond, coming out later this year for PS3, has a huge E3 2013 debut with this trailer that takes place in Somalia or something. (Link, Thread)
    ● Gran Turismo 6, PS3's true swan song, has had a smashing E3 info dump. Check out the neoGAF topic for full info, but there's a trailer at the link. (Link, Thread)
    ● Diablo III was announced previously for PS4 and PS3, but this time it's been revealed it will have exclusive items from various PlayStation franchises including Journey and Uncharted. (Link)

#7 CruciaL, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

wow when will this be available in asian countries like HK?

9. portgasDace

portgasDace Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

2014. asian countries even japan is not included in the fall release.

10. zero.

zero. Active Member

Hi! If I pre-order the PS4, will it charge me today, or when it comes out in December?

11. GilGrissom

You won't get charged until it actually ships.

12. zero.

zero. Active Member

Thanks! I just had an early Christmas shopping and pre-ordered the PS4.

13. GilGrissom

That is exactly what I told myself when I clicked on the checkout button. :)

I just didn't want to go around hunting for one when it came out.

14. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

I hope the price gets $100 less expensive on Black Friday / Cyber Monday :)

15. CruciaL

CruciaL Well-Known Member

Look at this beaut...

[​IMG]

16. barre05

Where'd you guys have your PS4 orders shipped? Through JAC?

17. zero.

zero. Active Member

Added FIFA 14 and NFS to my pre-ordered PS4.

18. benzng

benzng Well-Known Member

will the old PS3 games be compatible with PS4?

19. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

No. PS3 uses the Cell processor, and its architecture is vastly different from PS4's x86 processor.

20. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I'm curious about this cause I read that someone ordered through Amazon and it is available for Philippine shipping. You have to check it though to make sure.

Now that the Xbox One will be delayed for the Asian market(they didn't mention the Philippines also), I guess it's PS4 first for me this year. I like my PS3 but something was missing. I am hoping the content for the PS4 will be much better including multiplayer networks this time.