Pinch Zoom Problem

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by kofranks, Jun 11, 2010.

1. kofranks

kofranks Member

I have a week-old iPad Wifi 16GB. I noticed that pinch zoom won't work. Double-tap zoom and other functions work fine. Is there a setting for pinch zoom?

2. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Pinch & zoom won't work in any of the apps? Have you tried restarting the iPad?

3. kofranks

kofranks Member

Yes it won't work on all apps. I tried restart and restore and it still won't work.

4. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

Yikes, sounds like a hardware problem. Are you in a country where the iPad has already been officially released? If so, have it replaced under warranty.

5. kofranks

kofranks Member

That's the big problem. I'm here in the Philippines. Don't know what options I have. I'll just be content with the double-tap zoom in the meantime.

6. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

Yah, you'll have to be patient and wait until the iPad is officially released here before you can claim warranty on it.

7. theoneborg

theoneborg Member

Sorry to hear that bro.. Ipad might not be officially released in PH for some time, from What i hear.
    Another much earlier option to hope for, is to install the new ios4 when it comes out in june 24th.

8. kofranks

kofranks Member

Will just send it back to the US through my friend and get a replacement.

9. PatrickGaerlan

Staff Member

I think that's the best thing to do. Hope it won't be long before you get a fully functional iPad back! :)

10. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

iOS 4 will come to the iPhone and iPod Touch only on June 21. The iOS 4 for the iPad will be have to wait by fall (around August or September).

11. kofranks

kofranks Member

Tried another reinstall of OS. Voila! It now works! Thanks for all your suggestions.