PhilMUG PSP Players

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by macfuzion, Nov 19, 2008.

1. macfuzion

macfuzion Member

This thread is for Philmuggers who are into PSP. share anything, tips, tricks, walkthroughs or FAQs about your favorite games. Whew! That sounded like a Forum description eh. Haha! Even suggest good games to buy and list all those games you are playing right now.

Let me start.

I'm currently playing God of War Chain of Olympus. All I can say is wow! The game is pure FUN and violent.

Also, I play Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. Everytime we do thesis, we relax by playing this game.

And lastly, the so relaxing PataPon. No need to explain why I love this, it's insanely CUTE and FUN.

How about you guys? What else do you play? Any tips and tricks?

2. spartacvs

spartacvs Active Member

I also play God of War Chain of Olympus along with NBA Live.

3. macky2green

macky2green Member

Hello, fellow MUGgers! What are the factors to be considered when buying a PSP?

I am planning to purchase a Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) before December (Birthday/Christmas gift for myself). I am just confused with its specifications. I heard from some friends that there are different models of the PSP. I've heard of things such as PSP-1000/2000/3000, phat/slim, US/Japan, there are even with different software versions or firmware, NTSC/PAL, upgrade/downgrade, etc. They even say it needs to be cracked or configured/modified before playing games. I am techie except for the field of game consoles. Please advise. Thanks. I am so excited to get my hands on my own PSP! :p

4. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Proud user of PSP here. I play NBA live and load my memory with video and music stuff. It's an all in one entertainment gadget. Highly recommend PSP on travels. :d

5. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    I've been playing NBA Live 2008 in my PSP for the longest time.

I also play Tekken 5 some of the time. Other than that, there's Need for Speed Prostreet, WRC, TOCA, F1 Grand Prix, and Fight Night which I have yet to start.

6. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

Favorite Games in PSP :

- NFS Pro Street
    - God of War Chain of Olympus
    - Patapon
    - Tekken
    - NBA

I'm playing NBA now but ive noticed that there are some issues when you dunk or even when you call a time-out.. it will freeze for a couple of seconds before it continues.. And the roster is not that too updated.. thats why I manually trade-in players to have a roster update, but that's fine.. I enjoy playing it still! :)

im done with the God of War which is a bit hard... love the last part ( video )..

Patapon is cute.. love the game songs ( chaka..chaka..pata..pon )

#6 stevezone, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  7. doughn

doughn Active Member

psp lite (white)

fave games

-tekken
    -god of war
    -syphon filter
    -nba live
    -texas hold em poker

8. zirkwander

zirkwander Member

@macky2green

I suggest not to buy the PSP-3000 if you plan to play downloaded games from torrent. A friend of mine told me that this series still can't be modified so the only way for you to play games on it is by buying the original games which will cost you at around 1k per game.

As for me, I used to play Tekken 5, a real stress busting game. Also, Final Fantasy VII, I found a forum wherein your Zack can deal a max damage of 99999. God of War is also a nice game though it's kind of bitin. Was able to finish the game in less than 24hours. If you're really looking for gore fest, I suggest you skip God of War and proceed to Manhunt 2. If you're in the mood to scare yourself, then play Silent Hill:Origins, I used to play this game every Friday night in my room with the lights off and my headphone on. I tell you, Silent hill will give you nightmares. Hehe.

So far here are my favorites:

-silent hill: origins
    -tekken 5
    -final fantasy viii (the one with zack fair)
    -rainbow six:las vegas(ala counter strike)
    -manhunt 2
    -god of war
    -lego: Indiana jones
    -lego: batman
    -need for speed: most wanted (only managed to be at Top 6 in the blacklist)

9. shiela_ganda

shiela_ganda Member

i'm a proud psp owner too...hehehe!

my favorite games are:
    patapon
    lumines
    loco roco
    fight night 3
    god of war
    tekken

guys, when is the release of loco roco 2 and patapon 2?

10. AlexG

AlexG Member

Not really a hard core player, but the ones I occasionally play are patapon, namco museum, loco roco.

11. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

PSP-1000 = fat, phat or first gen PSP - don't buy, too old!
    PSP-2000 = slim and lite PSP - nice price, a good buy
    PSP-3000 = bright screen PSP - latest model, some concerns about screen resolution

The official latest firmware for the Sony PSP is 5.01. There is absolutely no need to 'crack' your PSP because you plan to play licensed games, right? Please say YES!

Careful SteveZone! By stating that these games are installed in your PSP means these are illegal, pirated ISOs or CSOs. PhilMUG does not condone piracy, so please edit your post and delete this mention.

12. gelatin

gelatin Member

My daughter and I each have the PSP God of War Edition

God of War umd is a given since it comes with the package.
    We both have Tekken 5
    She has Sims 2
    I've got Sims Castaway
    We both have Diner Dash, I love this game, haha
    Patapon on hers
    Lego Indiana Jones on hers

13. EnOcH5

EnOcH5 Member

Faves so far.. god of war, tekken, fightnight, fifa...
    is nba 2k9 out yet? I find live 09 a bit annoying...

14. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Me: NBA, NFS, SOCOM, 300, MLB, WPT, Spiderman2/3.
    Girlfriend: Sonic, Patapon, Spongebob

15. jemt111

jemt111 Member

Bought myself a PSP late last year. Don't really play often but do occasionally to stave off boredom (i.e. waiting for a flight to depart, layovers). Also use my PSP to make Skype calls and to check emails when in WIFI hotspots. Games that I currently play on UMD are NBA Live 2009, NBA 09 The Inside, Loco Roco, and Crush.

16. zirkwander

zirkwander Member

PSP-3000 has a better and brighter screen resolution compared to Slim & Lite but the battery life is actually worse than Slim & Lite. One good thing about PSP-3000 is that it also has a built-in mic for skype users.

I actually sold my PSP a couple of months back since there aren't any good games that are coming out. There have been rumora of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry but until these games are released, I'll be contented playing on my iPhone to kill time.

17. macfuzion

macfuzion Member

also, they said that PSP-3000 introduces scan lines on the screen whenever the scenes playing are fast action, be it movies or games. i don't know if it's true, but that's what they said.

18. macky2green

macky2green Member

Thanks for the answers, zirkwander and Sir soloworx! At least now, I have a better idea of this gaming machine. Oh, YES, I have no plans of playing pirated games. Hehe!;)

My apologies for the slight OT, but I also plan to buy my PSP along with the new iPod Touch (in replacement to my previous iPod Classic 80GB silver). Which of the 2 wins in terms of playing videos (quality), crisper sound when listening to music, and better resolution when browsing photos. Thanks.

19. weirdohenrico

weirdohenrico Member

loving Midnight Club LA Remix - been waiting for a good car game like this!

I finished God of War - excellent game.

Patapon - I got tired of it -- reach the very last boss - just too lazy to beef-up my soldiers.

Wipeout Pulse i enjoy too.

MLB is great too.

and... almost forgot... Final Fantasy - crisis core... first time I ever played Final Fantasy... enjoyed that too.

#19 weirdohenrico, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  20. parallax

parallax Member

Me and my Katamari is a good PSP game. :D