Philmug NBA Fantasy League! Who's in?

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by Buddhaboy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy Member

Philmug NBA Fantasy League! Who\'s in?

The Xbox/PS2/Gamecube thread got me all excited.

Since my Xbox purchase will still be several weeks away, would anyone be interested in putting up an NBA fantasy league?

I've only done this once and I really liked it.

Reply to this thread if you want in!

:)

2. mignac

mignac Member

Gabe, count me in. Had two leagues running last season :)

Btw, are you planning to run this out of yahoo?

[Edited on 9-22-2004 by mignac]

3. Tantantiniiin

Tantantiniiin Active Member

Hey, I like that.

I'll see if I can bring my eldest brother's control pad expander (is that what you call that accessory?) - so we can play, at least 2-on-2 on one console, and if there's another one, a 4-on-4. (who else has one?).

Jones (Jorweeck) had been wanting for a rematch in GT3, so if there'll be two PS2's, and two TV's/projectors, we can set up an i-link battle. Jones has the most complete garage in GT3 in his PS2 Memory card, so if you wanna copy, you know who to hail :)

Tantin

4. Tantantiniiin

Tantantiniiin Active Member

oops, via internet pala, i thought a a regular get-together session. my bad.

Tantin

5. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy Member

I plan to run it on Yahoo.

Am open to suggestions though... in fact, I'm open to someone else with more experience to run it.

Am really a newbie to fantasy leagues.

6. mykmarinas

mykmarinas Member

7. ruger

ruger Member

8. soulstar

soulstar Member

count me in too....played in the Yahoo! NBA fantasy league with some buddies last year and it was sooooooo fun

9. iDarwin

iDarwin Active Member
    Supporter

panu ba ito mga igan? di ako marunong nito eh. pero ako ay may planong bumili ng "xbox" at balak ko rin sumali sa inyong mumunting liga. sana ako ay inyong maliwanagan sa aking tanong....:blush:

10. mignac

mignac Member

I think there are two ways playing a Fantasy League via Yahoo (which I prefer to, say sportingnews.com). One is head to head, and the other is... dang I forget. Ironically, it's the latter that I know how to play.

Anyway, Yahoo hasn't opened up its NBA fantasy league yet, so we have a couple of weeks to figure it out :)

11. soulstar

soulstar Member

The fantasy league i played last year was STAT-based....first, we create our own league and gather all our members and elect a commisioner. basically, he's the one who calls most of the shots and fixes all the rules....the possibilities are endless! the commish can choose how many players and how many spots pers postition each team can have, the categories of stats (points, rebounds, steals, etc.) for scoring, and trade rules (i kinda forgot this part)... then we select our picks for the draft and kinda decide the draft order...yahoo! will automatically pick players from our draft lists according to the draft order in about two days...after that we have a chance to drop players or sign those on the free agent pool. Then as soon the season starts...we're good to go.... the way, this goes is that every person's gotta fix their "roster" for the day (players with games played on that day), and at the end of the day, corresponding points will be given for the accumulated stats of your team per category (its ranking style, so the total number of players will be the highest possible score). after that, players can trade, drop, or sign-up other free agents....

12. soulstar

soulstar Member

I think the "head-on" style of competition pits member against member each day, and based of the overall stats of your team, you can either win or lose...there is a standings list and whoever has the best standing basically wins...oh, i forgot to mention the season ends before the playoffs :) let me know if you guys are planning to join K?

13. mignac

mignac Member

Soulstar! I nominate you as commish! :)

14. Buddhaboy

Buddhaboy Member

I second the motion!

15. soulstar

soulstar Member

i'm honored guys....i'll let you guys know when we get this party started :D

oh....those interested in joining please u2u your yahoo! id's to me so i can compile them :) thanks!

16. mignac

mignac Member

Soulstar, I think I'm familiar with the rotiserrie play. Which one would you prefer we play? Rotiserrie or head to head? :)

[Edited on 9-28-2004 by mignac]

17. soulstar

soulstar Member

Anything's fine mignac.....i'll look up into the head-to-head type of play....the rotiserrie type can get a little unfair especially when your marquee players are on the IL....saw it happen to most of us last year when only two people held the top two spots for 4 months :(

Anways, I'll look up into things and keep all of you guys posted :)

Ciao!