PhilMug 2015 NBA Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jess, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

Props to all the managers of Philmug NBA Fantasy H2H as it has been an exciting and
    equally challenging 2014-2015 season.

Similar to last season, I employed a conservative approach in the regular season and
    an aggressive drop/pickup stategy in the late critical weeks. Maybe an extra util/bench
    slot is needed in our league settings as the FA pool is very deep and can be rotated
    easily?

Unfortunately, my season had to start with Kevin Durant being reported with a Jones
    fracture and having to nurse him throughout the regular fantasy season was a nightmare.
    I had a wake up call on week 19 after getting a 2-7 thrashing from Nerd Herd. Week 20
    my matchup was against an absentee manager and I could not say if it was good or bad as
    I had to juggle my lineup to get that .5 win % to get in the playoffs.

1st round of the playoffs, I was hoping Durant would play a game so that I could have
    a chance against Benz. It was a blessing in disguise that it was announced that he is
    out for the season. This triggerred my team to go on YOLO mode. Last day of the week,
    we both knew that he could not drop Rudy Gobert. I slipped past Benz with the slightest
    of margins. By then, I assumed that lexgo and Gondor Knights already knows I'm gonna go
    aggressive with my pickups. Lady luck was just on my side and could have gone either
    way in both match ups.

Notable rotation players were Tucker, KCP and Dunleavy. Kinda regret dropping Middleton
    and Dieng but thats it.

Again, thanks and see you all next season. Try to join my leagues as well if you got
    an urge for further stiff fantasy competition.

2. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Update: Ogre Tactics 4, Gondor Knights, Lexgo, just got in touch with the staff (and Abet) of Beyond The Box One Rockwell, bosses were on vacation for quite a while, so they couldn't release the pretty high amount of BTB Gift Cards. I'll be able to pick them up on Tuesday or Wednesday, and they may be available for pick up at my Makati Med clinic thereafter. I know Nico lives close to QC, so just in case, I can also leave it in our West Triangle, QC home, but next Sunday pa. Congrats again to the winners!

3. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks Jay. No rush. I'll probably use mine for an Apple Watch purchase, and based on stock availability in the US, it probably won't be released in the Philippines until around July.

4. lexgo

lexgo Member

Thanks Doc! No rush! :)

5. docjbr

Update!

Sorry for the wait! Got the GC's last week, but been very busy at work. The GC's apparently are now good for both Beyond The Box and Digital Walker. You can get in touch with me if you want to have them picked up at my clinic at Makati Medical Center, or picked up at our house in Quezon City (earliest would be this weekend). Thanks, and congrats again!

[​IMG]

6. akosiGRAM

akosiGRAM Member

congrats sa lahat ng winners! bawi mode ako next season :)

7. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

congrats sir junji and wife!

congrats commish lex and gf!

sana buhay pa league next season despite sa blooming lovelife. hehehe!

congrats to the winners again.

airhootie likes this.
  8. iJosh

iJosh Member

I didn't even got an invite for this season? :)

#268 iJosh, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  9. docjbr