Philippine Beaches

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Hero33, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

I was asked by some people to suggest beaches in the Philippines. I personally don't like going to the beach, and besides Boracay and Palawan, I can't think of much else.

Have any suggestions for white sand beaches near Manila or in Luzon? Heck around the country. Something new I can give them.

Thanks!

2. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

I just came from Siargao and the vibe there is like Boracay 30 years ago. Beaches aren't like the ones in Boracay but the surf is great if you want to try surfing. You can likewise take an island tour and swim at Naked Island or at the tidal lagoons. It's quite an adventure.

3. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Quezon Beach, Patikul, Sulu. Something like Boracay in 1900. :D Was told by the locals President Quezon swam here. quezonbeach.jpg

jhonas015, mosaka, Jsnc and 9 others like this.
  4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..it is a pity that the security situation down South has not been resolved with finality. Much of the natural beauty remains a no-go for most visitors. Just too risky.

Juice, lsalapare and Sunil_K like this.
  5. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

The beaches of Samal Island are very similar with that of Boracay, and the water is ...

IMG_2337.JPG

Godfather, vtf, lsalapare and 5 others like this.
  6. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

If you take the plane from Zamboanga City to Bongao in Tawi-tawi, there are so many small islands with white beaches around, much more than what you see in the flight from Manila to Puerto Princesa. It's a pity really.

7. Hero33

Awesome!

How do you get to Sulu in one piece?? That's a hard sell for some people.

8. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

When I go there for work, I make sure I have a local with me. I won't dare go out in the streets on my own. I learned it the hard way -- a colleague went out to shoot the sunset at the pier. On his way back to the hotel, he got a calibre .45 bullet in the forehead. So yeah, they need a battalion at least for another president to swim at Quezon Beach. :)

9. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

just got back from a 5-day vacation in Bohol (despite 'uncertainties'). In spite of travel advisories, the resort was still teeming with foreigners, especially koreans.

Alona beach, Panglao Island (Hennan Beach Resort, Bohol, I highly recommend this resort):

[​IMG]

then there's Balicasag Island (35-min boat ride from Panglao).

our eldest heading out to snorkle:

[​IMG]

past few years, we've visited / re-visited a handful of Philippine beaches. Following are our favorites, omitting Boracay & Palawan :)

Doljo beach, Panglao (Bellevue Resort):

[​IMG]

Bolod / Dumaluan Beach, Panglao (Bohol Beach Club):

[​IMG]

Blue Lagoon, Pagudpud (Hannah's Beach Resort)

[​IMG]

Potipot Island, Zambales

[​IMG]

Sumilon Island, Cebu (Bluewater Sumilon)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guimaras Islands (La Puerta Al Paraizo Resort)

[​IMG]

Taklong Island (clearest, cleanest water we've ever been to)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cagraray Island, Albay (Misibis Bay Resort)

[​IMG]

man-made Dakak :)

[​IMG]

Shangri-La Boracay (an alternative to the hustle & bustle of 'the Stations'). not as powdery, but we didn't mind :)

[​IMG]

hope these help. i actually had fun posting this :)

vtf, Nikkio96, amg99 and 9 others like this.
  10. essay

essay Active Member

Not white sand.

Bagasbas beach in Daet, Camarines Norte. It's good for surfing. Beach is similar to the one in Baler.

White sand.

Calaguas island. Same province. It's as powdery and white as the one of Boracay.

11. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

It's not scary if you're a member of the ASG :D. I was in Zamboanga before on a business trip, when the ASG was in full force of kidnapping. There were two of us at the market as big as an aircraft hanger but out in the open. Only about 8 of us were there shopping. It was virtually empty of tourists. One vendor came up to me and said, I should go back to my hotel because someone already asked about me.

Too bad, the beaches looked really good.

macjobber likes this.
  12. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ That's scary! Kinda the like the ones you watch in Discovery/Nat Geo - Locked Up Abroad.

Btt: Try Coco Grove in Siquijor. Aside from the beach, they have a marine sanctuary right in front so you can snorkle all you want. Plus there are a lot of places to explore too around the island.

http://www.cocogrovebeachresort.com/

macjobber likes this.
  13. Hero33

Are there any other beaches nearer to Luzon and don't require an armada or trip passes from armed insurgent groups? LOL :D

14. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

This long stretch of white beach, with a number of resorts, in Initao, Misamis Oriental ... you don't need tanks nor armored personnel carriers to get here ... :D Maybe 30 minutes from the Laguindingan Airport (Kagay-anons sometimes call this Cagayan de Oro airport even if 30 kms away from the city). Just tell those shuttle vans to bring you to Midway (coz that's midway between cagayan de oro and Iligan).

beaches.png

lsalapare, macjobber and Theus like this.
  15. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks Sir Theus and Bisdak for sharing the great beaches you've visited.

Two of our favorites:
    The Cauayan Island sand bar

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_8548.JPG

Malcapuya Island

IMG_2743.JPG

16. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

A lot to see in Samal Island aside from the beach of Pearl Farm and other resorts...

pearlfarm.jpg

macjobber likes this.
  17. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

There's more to Camiguin aside from this sandbar. Waterfalls, hot springs, a small volcano, etc...

camiguin.jpg

18. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

If by car, and I mean a reasonable amount of driving, I'd rather head to Bataan, instead of Batangas. Sand is better, though the resorts have limited facilities, like a pool and resto, that's it. But Subic is a nearby 20 minute drive if you're craving for something. Anything beyond that, I'd rather fly. The only thing that will make me want to ride more than 4 hours is to head to Date, Camarines Norte, Bagasbas beach. Surf's up, but only because that's where my father grew up, and I don't mind the long ride when I see how happy he is when he's back in his hometown.

19. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

you're welcome :) wait, so that's malcapuya? I have that as wallpaper on our iMac, had no idea!

I forgot to mention Gubat, Sorsogon. We stayed at Rizal Beach. I think Pagudpud is a little farther, but due to road conditions, it sure felt like our longest / farthest drive ever! but when you finally get there... well you'd be exhausted :LOL: for those planning to go there, be prepared to rough it out, just the bare essentials there.

then there's anawangin cove, in zambales. We stayed at Punta de Uian & just took a 40-min boat ride to the cove.

next destinations, hopefully next year: Bantayan Island, Cebu & Calaguas Islands (and to think wife's from Camarines!)

20. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

This is a great thread. Feels like taking a vacation right at my desk. Let's change the title to Sun of a Beach! :p

I'm no expert on beaches. I only went to Boracay once, way back in 1992 before all of the development craze there. Also went to Bali a couple of years ago, and was very disappointed.

Since 2011 though, my family and I have been to Amanpulo three times, and it remains to be our favorite paradise. The excellent service, the pampering by the staff, the ease of the private airport, and of course the powdery white sand and the crystal clear water are just among some of the things we love about "our island." We call it that because throughout our stay, we often find the beach like this:

[​IMG]

Practically no one in sight, and aside from some staff, we have the island all to ourselves!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Except maybe Mr. Crabby here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More than anything else, it's the isolation that I love. It's my idea of heaven.

Budget permitting, we are already planning on going back to Amanpulo for a 4th time.

#20 Godfather, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Juice, macjobber, lsalapare and 4 others like this.