Pencil by Fifty Three

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by angel_benet, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Sven

Sven Active Member

Sure guys, we just need, 1 more buyer, minimum of 3 buyers at a time.

2. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok then! One more! Anybody out there?

3. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

So that would be $59.95 + $18 = $77.95 for Graphite?

4. fvnicolas

fvnicolas New Member

hi,

i stumbled across this thread while trying to find Pencil in PH. is your plan for a group purchase still on? im only gonna be here in the country til September though...

5. Sven

Sven Active Member

Hope you got my reply on your PM.

Yup, I'll PM the others if they're still on. Delivery time from US to here is around 12-15 days, so that's the end of August.

6. rnav18

rnav18 Active Member

Thanks for the PM!

Just to clarify again, the Amazon $10/$15 discount per pencil will not apply to our purchases if ever?

7. Sven

Sven Active Member

Sadly no, the promo is limited to one coupon per customer only, also coupons are valid for a limited time.

8. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

lord_art8, does the Paper app (not the Facebook one, the one by Fifty-Three) come with Pencil, or do we have to buy it separately?

9. fvnicolas

fvnicolas New Member

@lord_art8 got ur tweet. sori for the l8 reply.. was out of town. just found out today my wife apparently ordered it last week as a surprise for my upcoming bday so i guess im out. apologies for the hassle. il share feedback when i get it

10. Sven

Sven Active Member

Paper is free to download, but to be able to use the premium features (brush, color & palette) you'll have to get it via in-app purchase, tho using Pencil will make the premium features available to you for free. Hope that makes sense.

Oh that's great! No worries, have friends who want to order too, so group buy is still a go.

Anyway, advanced Happy Birthday! :D

11. fvnicolas

fvnicolas New Member

hi just sharing feedback as promised...
    so I received my Pencil on a Thursday and by Sunday (the 3rd day) the tip was cracked and torn. I emailed the Paper team and showed them a photo and all they replied was "You shouldnt have to press or drag the tip" and "Sorry if we cant be more accomodating" — I didnt even do any serious drawings coz I was too busy at the time.. all I did was a few doodles to test. But regardless, I thought it was a dumb reply coz honestly, do they expect everyone to have a gentle touch?? Tapos they basically just told me to use the spare tip in the package coz they currently dont ship replacements to my location (Singapore).. so I'll assume they'd say the same to Pinas pag na-encounter nyo to.

I've reached out to @FiftyThree on twitter din just to see if MAYBE they'd make a consideration sa "policies" nila but I dont expect.
    On the positive side: it IS a cool item and it DOES respond like it shows sa advertisement.. just sucks that I had to use the spare in less than a week of purchase. I guess u should just be more "gentle" coz its sadly not as durable as it claimed to be.

** I cant seem to upload the photo here so here's the link incase u wanna see it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73498121/BxlyLvzCcAAgcpE.jpg

Later

12. bigticket

bigticket Member

^

Sad to hear your experience sir. Maybe the Pencil you got was a lemon, or at least the tip?

Also, their reply was not very helpful at all.

Do other have the same experience, regardless of pressure on the pen?

13. fvnicolas

fvnicolas New Member

UPDATE: they emailed me again. They apologised for the "misunderstanding" and asked for a scanned copy of my receipt. They've shipped me replacement tips and ETA is within a week :) But again I guess ingat sa pressure coz I dunno if this was a standard procedure or if they just gave me consideration. Share ko lang their quoted recommendations to me with y'all. see ya around

"If the tip seems unresponsive, pinch both sides of the tip and gently roll it back and forth a few times. You shouldn’t have to push or drag the tip across your iPad screen in order to write and draw in Paper. When using Pencil to shade or fill a large area, try using the side of Pencil instead of the point."

14. hehehervie

hehehervie New Member

Hi! Is the group buy still on the go? I'm interested!

15. kenshinx

kenshinx Active Member

I almost ordered one last week but reviews on this thing is not good.

16. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

^^ I've been using the Pencil for over a year now and it's been good so far.

17. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

App Topic: Can you guys check if the tools for the app are also free on your end? Might be on for a limited time only.

18. bacchus_3

The tools have always been free when you connect the Pencil to your iPad, and still is. Does it show differently on yours @randytamayo?

19. bacchus_3

20. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

@bacchus_3, not sure, as i bought the tools *before* i got the pencil - was using a wacom before then :(