peer to peer file sharing software

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by KuyaKevin, Feb 19, 2008.

1. KuyaKevin

KuyaKevin Member

I have a couple of questions:

Is there anything like shareaza for macs? I still use my pc to do some of my downloading because I'm not as familiar with the peer-to-peer sofware for macs (if it is available at all).

Next question--if there is peer to peer for macs, can it access the major networds (limewire, bittorent, etc) or is it just mac-to-mac?

2. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

well there's limewire mac for the gnutella network and there's azureus, transmission for bitorrents if that's what you need or you want an all in one app?

3. KuyaKevin

KuyaKevin Member

Well, all in one app would be nice :) Shareaza runs three in one app. But thanks for the info--I'll look into the ones you mentioned.

4. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

You can also try Frostwire :)

FrostWire is a high quality and totally FREE LimeWire PRO alternative. A file sharing peer-to-peer program for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. It also has BitTorrent support.

5. KuyaKevin

KuyaKevin Member

I'll look into that--thanks!!

6. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

try Limewire, it can access torrents, first you have to download the torrent link, and it can download peer to peer