PCC - PhilMUG Canine Club (merged: Dog Lovers! and Canine Mac Users)

Discussion in 'General OT' started by edricdude, Jan 15, 2010.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

C'mon Bob...you can do it...
    And by the way, wear something nice to the party.
    BBRt1iG.jpg

Sunil_K likes this.
  2. hitme64

Preparing our dogs (and cats) for the new year... reminding us they also have ears and are terrified of loud noise and flashing lights...
    D08B8341-B31B-4AF4-BD0D-E27E143B768C.jpeg

pandecoco and abbykua like this.
  3. abbykua

abbykua Member

De jesus oval park

4. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

5. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

do we have a local equivalent of https://petcanva.com/ ? I want to have a pillow case made, medjo pricey kase since it will be sourced from the US and 4weeks shipping :(

they have a sale now before I go for it maybe we have a local counterpart

6. hitme64

My Valentine’s date.
    E668A080-8329-448D-A666-3812939661C3.jpeg

raypin, Sunil_K, suavecito and 2 others like this.
  7. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Haven't posted here in a while.

We have welcomed a new puppy in our lives! We have 2 elderly cats and 1 other dog so now have a full house.
    Josie was born October 18th 2018 and we brought her home December 23rd. We would visit her at the breeder's house almost every week until pick up day. It was our first time getting a puppy from the breeder here in the US. Our breeder picks the dog for us depending on what type of dog we were looking for. Different from what I was used to, where you get to pick the puppy, i know other breeders you put a deposit down and get to pick the puppy. All the puppies were *very* cute of course, we worried about getting one who was sooo yappy and clingy. It has been a LONG TIME since I've raised a puppy. We brought her home when she was a little over 2 months old.

The weeks leading up to pick up day I researched puppy essentials and tried to make sure everything would be ready by the time she came home. About the biggest Amazon purchase I've made for one pet. If anyone is curious what I got I'd be happy to share!
    She was supposed to have had some concept of house breaking by the time we got her, on pick up day though we were in the middle of playing and she stared at me while she peed in the breeder's house. Uh oh. The first few weeks of potty training were ROUGH. I had to take her out every 2 hours (max) 24/7, she had a few accidents on the bed the first few days. There was an episode of vomiting in bed too, I thought I over fed her that day. Bac Out deodorizer was our best friend that time.
    Taking her out overnight for potty breaks was certainly interesting during the winter, frozen fingers and frozen toes. A lot of staring on the ground to try and coax her to go, putting a bunch of layers before going out then putting on a headlamp on top of that. I have now used my headlamp more for taking her out and going out for walks with her in the dark.
    We were in a constant state of hyper vigilance since she would just randomly go. We planned on tether training but she would not have it, was whimpering whenever we had the tether on her. We ended up using Potty bells, hung on the door and she'd ring it whenever she would need to go out. Never thought I would have a dog who rings the bell to go out! It was amazing! Overnight we keep her in a kennel/crate, crate training in the first 2 months was interesting to say the least. I thought I would lose my hearing from her crying in her crate. We stood our ground though, did not let her out despite her crying, put on music for her in the background to help with the training. She is now able to stay in her kennel overnight, when we tell her it's time to sleep she marches on to her kennel and goes right to bed. She starts whimpering close to 5am and i let her out and she wanders around the house and tries to wake me up around 630AM.
    The first 2 months I was very sleep deprived, just dragging everyday and actually had gotten sick i suspect from lack of sleep. She has gotten better over the months she now 'sleeps in' meaning we go to bed at 1030PM and she wakes up before 5am.
    She was very easy to leash train and we started going out for walks as soon as we took her home.
    In the last few weeks i have been taking her out hiking with me weekly, we go out for walks twice a day about 1.5 to 1.7 miles per walk. Speaking of walks, we did not know how to walk her properly for the months we had her. The breeder came and showed us how to walk her properly, to the side without lunging or barking. She still sometimes would bark at other people depending on how they posture, she is not a fan of people who stop and stare at her.
    She used to bark at most dogs that we see, now it happens very rarely and she is readily redirected.
    We started with obedience training the day we took her home. I train her about 15 minutes twice a day, we use treats and a clicker. Most commands are in German.
    I don't think I have mentioned her breed...she is a sable (working line) German Shepherd! Mistaken a few times for a mallinois :) Picture to folow!

hitme64, xtine and isaak like this.
  8. xthine

Baby girl growing up fast ..

At around 8 weeks

65AE29B0-724D-43FB-AC2B-AF52718BE2DB.jpeg

At around 11 weeks...

6BFD1655-23C9-46FF-8E3D-0ECC82286ABD.jpeg

Around 16 weeks

7A775AAB-9611-430B-B327-4D921BE29D6F.jpeg

This one from a couple of weeks ago..

88998B66-8D29-453A-9065-7A192F438A40.jpeg

Yes we love to hike! She just completed her first major hike this past weekend, was a bit nervous about overdoing it with her but she did okay. She sometimes is too quick to jump up or down terrain so i have to really watch her. Still working on not barking at other doggos and certain people.

Sunil_K, xtine, isaak and 1 other person like this.
  9. xthine

Happy paws! 9 months old now :)

[​IMG]

isaak, Ghibli, xtine and 2 others like this.
  10. hitme64

Say Happy Birthday to Charlie! He’s 4 years old in dog years.
    0C857828-2D69-4F43-9831-D5B3CEDF9BB5.jpeg

11. hitme64

52CC5279-D41D-482B-B6A0-AE933A2CE193.jpeg
    Senior dog moments ;)

Sunil_K and xtine like this.
  12. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Does any one here looking for Stud Service for Pomeranian AKCUPI registered female dog only?