Passport Issuing and DFA

Discussion in 'Travel' started by jaijin, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

nice! they've opened up TOPS (temporary offsite passport service locations). just booked my sons for July 29 at Robinsons (just a 5 minute drive from our place).

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  2. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Apparently my previous application transaction bugged out, so that one was invalid. Scheduled for another one, and this time it was successful. Kinda bummed that I had to pick a later date, but it is what it is. Better than nothing, I guess.

3. vhyc

vhyc Member

Me too. I just checked today and no email reference was received for my previous appointment. Today I booked again and the only option available is express and delivery. Paid 1,400php online and voila, successfully downloaded my application form and appointment letter at the end of the appointment page. Good news is it was earlier than my previous appointment.

4. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Ah same here thought my appointment went thru yesterday & there was just a lag in their system. Upon reading your comments & checking that I still don't have any email confirmation, I just rebooked again. Next available was already Sept.

5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

My Ilocos Trip is cancelled as I managed to get a September slot at Las Pinas

I wonder what happens to my 1K+ fee that's not refundable :sneaky:

I received my email confirmation almost a week after I booked the slot.

Although I was checking the DFA Site regularly to check the status of my appointment.

6. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I am trying to set an appointment for my 2 nieces, and all slots are unavailable for the whole year in Metro Manila offices. I don't know if there is an issue in the system, but this scenario is upsetting.

7. ste@lth

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Same here i tried to check here in Angeles and San Fernando, fully booked for the year, this is really amusing because i see people in FM Marketplace offering booking assistance with a fee, does it mean the DFA is the new LTO for fixers?

8. jlconferido

I saw those ads. This is the problem when you need something, and your government services are inefficient. It breeds a shady enterprise where unscrupulous individuals make money.

9. jlconferido

I woke up at this unholy hour just to prove it works and was quite stoned. Earlier, one of those whose racket is "appointment" unknowingly told me that you need to schedule around midnight until 3 AM to get a slot. Voila!

[​IMG]

#569 jlconferido, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Silentwill likes this.
  10. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

11. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Anyone got their TOPS issued passport yet?

I did process my renewal last july 7th, qrs status still pending.

12. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Bad news for those booked between August 6 to 20, all DFA offices except for Aseana will be closed. I'm scheduled for September 2 and I'm hoping the ECQ won't be extended.

jayparalejas likes this.
  13. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

renewed my passport yesterday at DFA-Alimall. 2.5 hours of waiting!!! They only have one window open for each 4 steps: Inspection, Passport-Papers submission, Cashier, Encoding/Photo. ---all separated by (regular appointment/online) and Courtesy Lane. my tentative date for pick up is Sept. 6. If it is still ECQ, all bets are off.
    really, DFA passport should be open 24 hours,

raypin likes this.
  14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..yes. 24/7. Same with vaccination centers 24/7. Hire more personnel and i-shifting nila. Spread the risk. Reduce exposure. If only the govt had brains.

In the private

pandecoco likes this.