Partition is taking too long!

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by tidus1203, Jun 28, 2009.

1. tidus1203

tidus1203 Member

Ok I am reformatting my Mac and start all over again after almost 2 years of use its kinda slow already and I figured reformatting will it make it fresh again. I used to run bootcamp from Tiger and run Windows and OSX at the same time. Now I want to scrap Windows and create only one partition so I did just that and it takes SO LONG. Its like been 1 hour and a half already and it still says "CREATING PARTITION MAP". Is it really long?

2. savadious

savadious Active Member

What is the hard drive size and what CPU are you using?

I assume you booted from the OSX cd and are formatting with Disk Utility?

3. tidus1203

tidus1203 Member

Yeah. Fixed it already. Just quitted the app even though it warned me it might destroy my HDD. Quitted and restarted ayun mabilis na. Annoying though it just wasted 2 hours of my time for nothing!