parallels 3.0

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by rage30, Jan 1, 2008.

1. rage30

rage30 Member

Has anyone used the paralles 3.0 for leopard? Does anyone have an idea if there will be a new edition coming out in the market? I think it's more convenient to use it than boot camp.

2. jonnmd

jonnmd Member

i tried using parallels 3.0 and got the updated version of it. i used it in my black macbook 2.16 c2d and usually im having problems like "freezing" or "delay response" in using the virtual machine. i got only 1 gig of ram.

i will let you know as soon as possible after testing it with my new mbp 2.2 sta. rosa 2gb ram.

i would say it really depends with your machine especially the memory.

hope this helps.

3. Dimension

Dimension Member

Hello, I'm using Parallels 3.0 on Leopard. Virtualization is much more convenient to use than boot camp since you don't have to reboot everytime you need to switch OS. Also you can share file (drag and drop too) between OS. The only advantage of boot camp, I think, is you can utilize the whole system's resources to whatever OS you'll be using.
    I've heard a lot of good things about VMWare's Fusion but have not tried it yet.

4. jonnmd

jonnmd Member

parallels if you have enough memory gigabytes say 2gbs. if 1 gb forget about it for macbooks. also, it depends for what purpose are you going to use with the said program. say if your into windows gaming, better bootcamp than parallels.

5. rage30

rage30 Member

thanks for the info. do you guys buy the software here or through online? seems to be cheaper buying it online. i saw in the website that they are selling paralles premium already. is it still ok to buy the pararells 3.0?