Panasonic DMC-LX5

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Silverhalide, Jul 21, 2010.

1. jessieboi

jessieboi Member

ms. lis! kuha ko isa ha! heheh,

2. danielg

danielg PhilMUG Addict Member

Lis, ayan may sales agad hehehe

3. danielg

4. ydlazatp

ydlazatp New Member

im new sa forum and new also sa lx5,tanong ko lang kung may sira ang lx5 camera ko kasi noisy ang picture nya kahit ok ang lighting at nasa iA mode sya.ito ung sample.thanks:confused:[​IMG]

5. danielg

ydlazatp, Nope, walang sira yan. iA is Panasonic's auto mode and as such it will choose a higher ISO to shoot shots in less than ideal light to prevent motion blur or camera shake in shots :) Try shooting in A ( aperture priority) mode and see if you can shoot at the slower shutter speed it chooses. If you find hard to shoot clear shots then slowly increase the ISO level to find the correct balance between shutterspeed and ISO :)

6. schar

schar New Member

sa mga masters.. baka po matulungan nyo ako. i am thinking of getting the LX5 or the LX3.. parang di kasi ako masyadong convinced to get a canon s95. so i would like to ask kung talagang major ba ang difference ng LX3 vs the LX5? is it worth to pay the difference?

i am an amateur, this is my 2nd digicam, and i would be using the camera to take pictures of my baby boy, when we travel, and for my food blog. do you think the LX3 will serve me right for these purposes?

thank you in advance for your input. :)

7. danielg

Schar, I would suggest to go for what is the newest because it holds its value longer. The added zoom range makes the LX5 a bit more useful for me. If you're the type that tends to keep things for a long time then go for the latest :)

8. schar

schar New Member

thanks sir danielg! i saw your flickr album and you take really awesome pictures. wish i could learn to be half as good! :)

i think i'm going to buy from amazon, but i have to determine how much shipping + taxes will cost me. nasa $420 nalang kasi sa amazon, they're still selling here for almost 21K.

9. totolabradog

totolabradog Moderator
    Staff Member

schar, if your thinking about getting the lumix from amazon and not from an official local distributor, it's worth a try to get it from either 2 of the more popular multiply sites.

dbgadgets and kimstore, both list the lX 5 at P 20,600. Just remember to read their respective warranty policies as the items they are selling are grey units.

I'd honestly take a another look at the S95, as my sister owns an S 90 and is a very capable camera.

dbgadgets lists their S 95 at P 16,800!!!!!

Just google both these sites and you'll get to see their contact numbers.

Good Luck

10. ydlazatp

ydlazatp New Member

what i like to lx5 is its ability to zoom in video mode.:cool:

@danielg
    thanks master for clarification,i'll experiment different settings.

11. schar

schar New Member

thanks for the advice! :D

is the s95 comparable to the LX5 though? what would be the big difference between the 2? my first camera was a canon. and since this is my second, and i haven't really been "into" photography until lately, i would like to know if the extra price is well worth it or it could at least compare to that of the lx5..

12. feistycarlo

feistycarlo Member

I would also like to know which is better, LX5 or Canon S95?

13. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

oh man! just bought from dbgadgets last wed at P17,200! Bilis naman mag depreciate! :(

this might help you:

http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=63597&highlight=s95

14. totolabradog

totolabradog Moderator
    Staff Member

Asking which camera is better is very subjective, especially between these two very comparable cameras. The best way to check is to actually get both cameras side by side and fiddle with them just to see which you like better, in terms of image quality, and interface.

There are differences between the two, like the lx5 having a wider and faster lens, a hot shoe, while the canon while having a longer lens, actually collapses flat and is easier to tuck away into your pocket.

You'll probably be happy with either of the two cameras listed, but with the canon being almost 4k cheaper, I wouldn't think twice about going the canon route.

FYI, I'm very happy with my LX3! and actually see no point in "upgrading" it to these two, but if I was in the market for a point and shoot now, I'd get the Canon

Here are a few links on the LX5 vs S95 debate

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2010/10/canon-s95-review.html
    http://www.financemanila.net/2010/11/camera-showdown-lx3-vs-s95-vs-lx5-vs-gf1/
    http://www.wirefresh.com/canon-powershot-s95-vs-lumix-lx5-which-is-the-compact-top-dog/
    http://www.digitalrev.com/en/panasonic-lumix-lx5-vs-canon-powershot-s95-6558-article
    http://www.mu-43.com/f76/high-end-compact-conundrum-canon-s95-vs-panny-lx5-5129/
    http://thephoblographer.com/2010/09/01/which-one-should-i-get-canon-s95-vs-panasonic-lx-5k/

15. schar

schar New Member

thanks for sharing the links sir! very helpful indeed.

16. gman

gman Member

Finally got my white lx 5 las friday. now looking for a case and wide lens.

17. buchieboy

buchieboy Member

Still enjoying the LX5 for street photography, its fast AF really help a lot in capturing action moments :)

[​IMG]

18. airhootie

airhootie Active Member

Here is my share for today.
    God bless you all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#518 airhootie, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  19. edwardLL

edwardLL New Member

Just bought Raynox MSN202 for my LX5 from silie last week =)
    Thanks for the effort! Highly recommended seller!!!

as promise...here is my share of macro shots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LX5 + MSN202

#519 edwardLL, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  20. gymilton

gymilton Member