Palm Desktop(PC) database to iCal help!

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by mrrstn, Aug 13, 2006.

1. mrrstn

mrrstn Member

I'm using a palm Tungsten E and would like to transfer all my calendar entries(in a PC Palm Desktop) to iCal thru Palm desktop's File->Export function. I've tried saving it as both a .dba and a vcal file and use iCal's File-> Import function to retrieve the dba or vcal files. Thing is, it won't work... it says "This calendar file is unreadable. No events have been added to your iCal calendar."
    Any input guys?
    TIA!

2. elbert

elbert Active Member

why don't you just sync your Palm directly with the Mac? All you have to do is activate iSync to intercept the data. Trust me, it works and is way simpler than what you're trying to do.

3. mrrstn

mrrstn Member

I would've, if I hadn't lost the Mac Palm Desktop Installer... too bad. Any possible work around on this (aside from downloading the installer) Bert?

4. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

just curious as to why you don't want to download the palm desktop installer for mac mrrstn?

5. mrrstn

mrrstn Member

DSL's busted, currently using dialup... Its gonna take forever..

6. elbert

elbert Active Member

boy, it seems like whatever solution we give you is not applicable for some reason or another.

My suggestion to you then is to wait for your DSL to come back on, then go to Palm.com (support section), download the latest version of PalmDesktop Installer for Mac OS X.

Once installed, sync your Palm with Palm Desktop, just to make sure it works. Then launch iSync and select Enable Palm OS Syncing... from the Devices menu.

Launch Palm Desktop and from the HotSync menu, select Conduit Settings. From the list, double click on iSync Conduit. Place a check mark on Enable iSync for this Palm device.

Finally, perform a HotSync from the Palm Device. That should get all your Palm's PIM (Datebook, Address and ToDo) without the messy migration from your PC.