.pages to jpg?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by kingmidas, Feb 5, 2008.

1. kingmidas

kingmidas Member

I was just wondering how I can save my projects from pages to jpg or whatever format I can open it with a friend's windows pc. I'm not an expert and it's my first time to use this application since I have not installed windows in bootcamp. And besides, I want to be independent from windows running softwares but I have to share my work with a friend who can give me ideas to improve it. I am also planning to get Illustrator, InDesign or Pagemaker but I'm still saving some moolah.

Please share your ideas. Thanks in advance.

2. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

Your best and easiest bet is to convert it to PDF. Just go to File > Print and click the PDF button on the lower left. Your friend should be able to open it with any Windows PDF viewer.

Leo

3. RommelReyes

RommelReyes Active Member

or ypu can export it to ms-word format.

4. kingmidas

kingmidas Member

Thanks for the response leocastillo and rommelreyes. Will I be able to make modifications when i open it with windows if saved as a pdf file?

5. mortal_commbrat

Hi kingmidas,

I doubt if you can make modifications to the file if it is saved as a pdf file. Your best bet is to export the file into ms word format.

On pages, just click on "file" - "export" and select "word".

6. kingmidas

kingmidas Member

Thanks mortal_commbrat.

7. mortal_commbrat

8. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

To convert to .pdf: File > Export > PDF

To convert to .doc: File > Export > Word .doc file

Important note: Once saved as a .doc file, some effects (like reflection, shadow, frames, etc) won't appear normally in other computers, especially PCs. More often than not, there will be glaring differences. If you want to send your project for review to your friend, better send him a PDF or .jpeg format. Both formats will preserve every detail of your project, unlike the Word format.

But if you really want to save your .pages project as a .jpeg file, this is the only way I know (and have been doing for some time now):

Save the Pages project as a PDF file (again, File > Export > PDF)

Open the PDF file using Preview. Then click File > Save As > select JPEG from the drop down Format menu. :) (note: If your project consists of multiple pages, you'll have to convert each page to .jpeg individually. Only the current page in view gets converted to .jpeg)

If you're feeling lazy, just "grab" a screenshot of your Pages project (Command+Shift+4, then select the area you want to grab). Open the resulting .png file using Preview and save as .jpeg :p

#8 johannes, Feb 5, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2008