pacsafe owners roll-call!

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by macboy, Jul 1, 2008.

1. tiffcheng

tiffcheng Member

Re: pacsafe owners roll call!

Happened to me too, the velcro tore off gradually. My brother brought it to Travel Club Shang along with the receipt and it was replaced with a new one after a month and a half if I remember it right. This was last yr pa.

A few months later, the side of the zipper got torn from the fabric itself. This time they just repaired it instead of replacing it. Sayang. But again, the bag was with them for almost a month. Good thing it had 2yrs of warranty and I was able to fully utilize it.

Edited: 2nd time we didn't provide a receipt. They never gave it back after replacing my bag the first time. Or so my brother told me. Haha he might've misplaced it and didn't want to admit it.

2. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

I just got my toursafe 29 from SM, looking forward to my next travels ;)

3. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

got a new black venturesafe gII 15L! nicely fits my 13" macbook air and e-m5. defintely looks and feels slimmer than my previously used samsonite outlab backpack. i'm just not quite confident that it's water-resistant enough when getting caught in unexpected showers. :)

4. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Got a venture safe 400 for P2,240 from the bags and shoes fair at skydome SM City North. They have a lot of choices for women's handbags but not much for men's traveling bags: just the venture safe 400, the laptop bag model and a duffle bag. Also saw their organiser, but I didn't buy one though it looks useful.

5. jepoy22

jepoy22 Member

There was a sale of some pacsafe products in sm megamall recently. Too bad, they only have mostly the smaller pouches. They were most at 50% off.

6. teamjm

teamjm Well-Known Member

Went to their main office, all metal buckles and straps were replaced. 2 metrosafe 100 and 1 metrosafe 200. Took around a week or so for them to replace it. Didn't pay anything for it :D

7. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

What happen to the metal buckles? My pacsafe started to have some chips and faded coatings on its zippers and buckles.

8. doydy

doydy Member

^ i don't think they'll replace the bags if the buckles only has faded or chips unless its broken.

9. iMark333

iMark333 Member

Venturesafe 300 G1. This is already my fourth Pacsafe: Metrosafe 350, Metrosafe 200, Slingsafe 200 and now Venturesafe 300. :)

10. cyann21

cyann21 Member

where exactly is their office? do you have the contact numbers? TIA

11. micvindelmer

micvindelmer Member

I own a gray Pacsafe Metrosafe 250 and I've never had such confidence commuting.

12. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

cross post from the modus operandi pickpockets and hold up thread:

13. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

It's not waterproof, I got myself a bag rain cover for my Venturesafe GII.

14. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

Were you able to buy the Pacsafe Venturesafe GII 15L?

15. kawkawati

kawkawati New Member

Sorry for reviving an old thread but is there anyone here selling their Walletsafe 80 or has anyone seen an all black one available lately? Thanks

16. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. I am a pacsafe fan, having two bags: Metrosafe 250 and venture safe 400. I also bought pac safe bags for my wife and two daughters. My youngest daughter doesn't like the style so she is the only one in the family without one. Anyway, my second daughter has always felt secure with her Citysafe 350 GII limited edition lady's backpack when commuting to her office in Manila. But one time, she was carrying a lot of things so her bag was not close to her body. When she rode the jeepney, she felt something unusual so she put her bag closer to her. When she looked at it, it was slashed at the side. Nothing valuable was lost but she saw that there was no mesh. When she showed it to me, I called a Travel Club branch, told a sales person the story and asked why there was no mesh. The sales person told me that the mesh is only at the front of the bag and not at the sides. One time when I was at SM North, I passed by the Travel Club store and told the sales person that my daughter's bag was slashed, without giving any details. She asked me whether it was slashed at the side. When I said yes, she told me the same thing. So does pac safe give us a false sense of security?

17. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

Hmm. That is alarming. I have 3 Pacsafe bags (Metrosafe 300, 200, and a Citysafe 200 for wifey). And i'm still thinking of getting a Slingsafe 100. But imagine if those thieves were already aware about these bags to have flaws. Still need to be extra cautious though? Where's that "when you're gears are secured, you can do more." saying now? :p

18. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Whoa! Didn't know also that the side weren't protected as the front side of the bag. What did they say about it? If all bags are not protected from the side or on that particular model only?

Good to hear sir panis that your daughter is safe after that incident.

19. Marianne

Marianne Member

Wow! That's quite disturbing. Like your daughter, I felt a(n apparently false) sense of security when I use pacsafe. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We really need to be more careful when we're out and about.

20. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

I stopped using my Metrosafe backpack because it can't fit all the things I need for work and the shoulder straps aren't well padded. But I thought I always felt safe knowing the security features of the bag. Too bad only the front has Exomesh.