OS X Yosemite

Discussion in 'Yosemite (10.10)' started by LeoCastillo, Jun 3, 2014.

1. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

So the free space is inaccurate even when you empty the trash?

If so, then it's what happens to me, too, every now and then. It usually involves large files. I'd delete them but my free space indicator would hardly move at all. I'd empty the trash, run Clean My Mac, and the free space would barely budge. Not sure if it's an OS or SSD issue. But like you, I just restart the Mac and this usually clears up the issue. But since you mentioned it's not working this time, I'm pretty stumped. Anybody here with an alternative solution?

2. Amaru

Amaru Member

I've finished updating to 10.10.4, restarted, still the same the freed up space is not yet available. Turned off my Mac for a few hours, upon checking, still the same. I am about to create some VMs for testing and I'm stuck here.

3. makinao

makinao Active Member

Question: Ever since I upgraded to Yosemite, it keeps nagging that an app needs Javascript. I've already updated Java but it keeps nagging.

4. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

im on yosemite and it shuts down and restarts like once a week.
    nothing specific on what im doing prior to shut down. wala ring memory intensive apps.
    im on an MBA mid 2012. any ideas? is there a log for that shutdown somwhere?
    thanks folks.

5. makinao

makinao Active Member

Just updated to 10.10.5 this lunchtime. Nothing untoward yet.

6. SQUN

SQUN Member

Check your bluetooth, mine just disappeared after the update.

Anyway, the fix is just to delete a bluetooth plist file if I remember it correct.

7. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

If your experience is like mine, I kept downloading the latest java but after installing, the reminder to update persists. Upon doing a google search, the solution is to download the latest java update FROM APPLE and not from java's website. There was a link in my search but I don't have it now...

8. Mobius

Mobius Member

Does anyone know how the performance of yosemite is on a mid 2010 macbook 13 unibody?

9. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

if the person you are messaging suddenly gets disconnected fron the internet, imessage will automatically shift to sms, as long as you enable this feature

10. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Normal as normal can be. No slowdowns or anything like that. Works just fine.

11. Mobius

Mobius Member

Copy that, scared that it wont be as smooth as snow leopard cause of its core 2 duo cpu >_<

12. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

my usb drive on yosemite is automatically archived by spotlight. ergo its having issues when ejected.
    fortunately was able to find a solution via google: add the usb drive to your spotlight privacy tab.

13. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

hey guys, i had problems with my el capitan upgrade. had to go back to the only available bootable drive in my possession which was a mavericks. can anyone loan me a Yosemite bootable? would really appreciate it. i can have it picked up and delivered to you at your convenience. thanks!

14. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

If Pasig is accessible to you, you can drop by at may place for any mac os from snow leapard to el capitan.

wulf likes this.
  15. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    My MacMini is on Yosemite, and now it can't access my home WiFi network! The network works fine on my MBA, but not on the MacMini!!!

16. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

thank you so much! God bless you, man. will send you details via PM

17. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

^ Copy that bro.