OS X Yosemite

Discussion in 'Yosemite (10.10)' started by LeoCastillo, Jun 3, 2014.

1. panis

panis Well-Known Member

There is an interesting article that I read in Forbes magazine Apple iOS 8.3: Should You Upgrade? - Forbes Try reading it.

2. emilgadiano

emilgadiano Member

hey thanks guys. I have finally jumped the fence. Happy that I haven't experienced any glitches. :D woohoo.

3. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

The last update fixed my Messages problem but there's still no fix for the APC UPS being recognised.

4. bradwin

bradwin New Member

I've had enough of iPhoto's sluggishness a long time ago and switch to Adobe Lightroom. So far so good and I'm not even thinking of looking at the new Photos app.

5. vtf

vtf Active Member

At times, my viber alert becomes a nasty "pop pop". When that happens, i know that all the audio of all other applications including movies will either be gone or reduced to the same popping sound. My only remedy so far is to restart my MacBook pro. Is there a simpler way to address this?

#885 vtf, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  6. vtf

vtf Active Member

Mine is still there as well

7. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

I notice a glitch in the new Yosemite update; at least my system has a weird quirk now, I don't know about you.

Sometimes I notice in Finder windows, random file names disappear. They're still there, but the color of the text disappears and it's like there's a blank in the window. I close and re-open the Finder window, and it comes back, but sometimes other file names disappear.

Now it's happening even in iTunes. Sometimes song titles are (randomly) invisible, or are differently colored, but come back when you refresh the window:

[​IMG]

It's not a deal-breaker or anything, it's just sometimes pretty irritating.

It just started happening with the update which was released last week. It doesn't happen often; maybe once or twice a day when I'm working. I tried rebooting, repairing disk permisssions, resetting PRAM and all of that stuff, to no avail.

Do any of you experience this glitch?

8. pscolboy

pscolboy Member

I also get this glitch. I also noticed that the App Store prompts me to update the same apps that i just downloaded completely. Now my updates installed in the last 30 days list shows multiple instances of the same app (i.e. iTunes 12.1.2).

9. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

^ Encountered the same update(s) glitch when I upgraded to the initial official release of Yosemite. The App Store wants me to update the same apps again and again.

Still not fixed on the 10.10.2 update, I am so annoyed that I had to re-format my mac. Fixed it for me.

#889 pepspeps, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  10. Daylightstalker

I'm encountering problems with my VLC player after upgrading to Yosemite. Has anyone experienced the same thing? If yes, how were you able to troubleshoot it? Thanks in advance for the help.

11. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Yep same here, 5 list of iTunes update on the Appstore, dunno how to delete it tho.

12. 1-PZIN01

1-PZIN01 Member

Hi,

Recently updated my OS X to 10.10.3 afterwhich my WD external HD suddenly was not being recognised by my rMBP. Anyone here experiencing the same problem? (I'm also using the NTFS for OS X ver. 12.2.313)

Appreciate any suggestions/help.

Thanks

13. indygo

indygo Member

Had the same problem with my Seagate portable HDD. At first I thought it was time to get a new external drive, so I copied the entire contents to a new drive. Then I tried booting through an external drive with Mavericks installed and realized there was nothing wrong with my backup drive in the first place. I tried repairing permissions on my old drive, and it can now be read by Yosemite. The problem is when I boot using Mavericks, it cannot read the hdd that has undergone permissions repair. Anyway, I have the second backup drive. I never had this problem with Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks. They can all read backups done by any of the 3 os interchangeably.

14. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

If I upgrade my Mavericks to Yosemite, do I have to reinstall my VMware app with windows 7?

15. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

Check compatibility first but for me got the older version so I upgraded to latest version of vmware and no need reinstalling your virtual machines

16. biboydagreat

biboydagreat Member

Has anyone tried 10.10.4 beta?whats the difference?

17. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been using it on my iMac. Seems fine to me, no more screw ups and glitches to speak of, save for the occasional Finder quirk of missing text. Seems Apple finally pinned it down pretty good. But not much difference, really, at least outwardly.

I also installed it on my MacBook, where it screwed up upon installation, and I had to restore from Time Machine, but now it's running fine and trouble-free.

18. poleng

poleng Member

ever since i upgraded to 10.10.2 iMac 27 late 2013 my facetime is not working. anyone experiencing this?

19. missilemission

vlc also stopped playing my files

20. ed887

ed887 Member

I have this problem too! My Seagate portable's not being recognized after updating to Yosemite months ago. Pardon my ignorance but how can i repair the permssions?