OS X Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ijingo, Jul 6, 2009.

1. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

I'm really fond of doing keyboard tricks when Im using Windows. Now that Im on Leopard at home, there are thousands of tricks in OS X leopard. I love Quicksilver too. Why don't we guys share tips and tricks that are sometimes not shared by some. Im sure some of us here would appreciate.

Here's my share: I think this is old already but found it myself.

By minimizing all applications in one click and not using the "-" button to minimize them beside the Trash icon. While an application is active, Hit Option+Command then click the desktop. This will hide all applications within its app icon.

By pressing Ctrl+Shift+Eject will put your screen into black without putting your computer to sleep.

You can actually drag an alias directly to stacks from application folder.

I would love to hear yours too. Thanks

2. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

is there a shortcut that will maximize the current window open? this is what I miss when I switched to OSX 5 years ago

3. KiDKUMAG

KiDKUMAG Member

Sorry, but I believe here's an existing thread about this topic.

OS X Tips are also being discussed there.

#3 KiDKUMAG, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009