OS X Mavericks

Discussion in 'Mavericks (10.9)' started by bhoyetjumpay, Jun 11, 2013.

1. kenshinx

kenshinx Active Member

somebody could have disabled the "automatic login" (preferred user) option in - system preference -users & group - login options

2. cmclim

cmclim Active Member

The problem is we cant log-in since when ever we try it shakes meaning wrong user & password

3. kenshinx

kenshinx Active Member

4. kupz08

kupz08 New Member

thanks all for the reply. i guess will wait this out for a bit first then try my luck again.

5. vsperalta

vsperalta Member

There's already the update 10.9.1 for the Mavericks. However, I didn't see if it already addressed the issue on the missing icons and basic apps not launching. :(

About the OS X Mavericks v10.9.1 Update

6. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

I tried updating last night but my connection is too slow, will try it again later. It's around 290+MB. Will check if there are some speed improvements.

7. jupe

jupe Member

Hello po.
    Got my OS X Mavericks installer from torrent.
    It was able to install, as an update (not a clean install), without problem.
    For some reason, however, the App Store seems confused as to whether it has been installed already—i.e., the "Download" drop-down option is still available, but I am receiving update notifications and am able to update successfully.
    Anyone can please enlighten me?
    TIA.

8. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

After updating my rMBP to Mavericks, my Facetime and iMessage could not sign in anymore. It says "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again". Please help. Thanks!

9. vsperalta

vsperalta Member

just wondering why you downloaded it from 3rd party when you can download it directly from App Store for free? :)

10. jupe

jupe Member

I don't have good connection, enough to download the huge file.

Took me numerous tries to download over a period of one month, and I gave up.

Only the torrent approach was successful.

11. kevindomingo

kevindomingo New Member

I updated my MBP yesterday to 10.9.1. After that, I can no longer mirror my MBP to my HDTV. I usually do this when I want to watch HD movies.

Before the update, I can connect my MBP to a mini displayport to HDMI adaptor and it automatically mirrors my MBP screen to my HDTV. But now, it no longer does that. My HDTV still works with other devices that use the HDMI connection (Magicsing, PS3). I tried the troubleshooting steps found online (connecting/disconnecting the cables, on/off, reset PRAM) but it's still not working :(

Does anybody have any similar situation like this after the update? I even tried a new miniDP to HDMI cable since my old one was already worn out but it's still not working.

12. vsperalta

vsperalta Member

just reinstalled again my OS X Mavericks last night due to icons disappearing again. Everything was working fine until I decided to uninstall watts application from applications folder. :(

But its working fine again today after the reinstallation. Its a good thing I didn't uninstall it during the day as I won't be able to reinstall it during the day as it will render my mac useless. :)

13. baste07

baste07 New Member

Do you guys use an internet security software on maverick

14. insidetonismind

Is there a lot of issues with Mavericks? I'm having hesitations on upgrading my MBP.

15. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

With my personal experience, I only have ONE issue with Mavericks, which is the problem with reading data from my 2TB WD My Passport for Mac. It's an issue known to both Apple and WD. They've released a firmware update for the portable drive but I've yet to fully test it.

Other than this issue, I'm enjoying my rMBP running Mavericks. :)

16. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

Found an issue with ms powerpoint not being able to do transitions and slideshow for both macbookpro and air. Updated ms office and the problem was resolved.

17. dadengs

dadengs Member

Help! Can't upgrade to Mavericks because according to the App Store, my "Apple ID has been disabled". I can't even download updates. Looked through the net and Apple's own support pages, and haven't found any solution yet. Worse, it seems that this problem is prevalent. Anyone else encountered this and got through???

Is Mavericks even worth the upgrade? I'm reading a lot of problems here. Anyone encountered a problem with Adobe CS6?

18. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Is there a site where I can download a standalone OSX Mavericks? I would like to do a clean restore on my MBA.. TIA

19. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

You just download it from the Mac AppStore and once the download is done, do not install it yet. Get an 8GB flash drive and make it as a bootable Mavericks installer which is now a standalone OS X Mavericks installer which you can use in the others Macs or in the future you will need to do a clean install again.

Use "Lion Diskmaker" to create that bootable installer. You can google it to get the app.

20. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick answers guys!