OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by p.pipster, Feb 16, 2012.

1. jussujjus

jussujjus Member

@catmik Nice! I forced shut down mine and it's still not draggable :p

2. winmag

winmag Member

^ i think your only way now is to do a clean install for your air, did u make a bootable usb for you ML?

3. jussujjus

jussujjus Member

Any one with Mountain Lion experiencing troubles with their iMessage? When it asks to log in, it prompts a window that says "Your Apple ID "[email protected]" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." Every time. Checked iCloud settings in System Preferences, my account is logged in. Hmm..

4. glentot

glentot New Member

same problem here. i tried several times but with no luck. :(

5. sirbenski

sirbenski Member

Restore to a previous Time Machine backup for the meantime maybe? Just to let you use your MBA until you get home.

I have a MacBook Air too. Now, I'm a bit nervous.

6. jussujjus

jussujjus Member

Update 1:

YESSIR! I figured it out. So what happened was, iMessage tells you that your Apple ID can't be used at this time bla bla bla. Tried to re-sign in my iCloud account in Systems Preferences but still the same. Then I turned on iMessage on my iPhone, it asks for your Apple ID password then leave it on. Finally, I was able to log in to my iMessage on Mac! BTW, mail and imessage alerts on notification center look awesome!

Update 2:

When the icons are too close from your dock when you drag it away, it goes back. But when you drag the icons really far from the dock, maybe center screen, it shows the the poof icon then it works!

#246 jussujjus, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  7. catmik

catmik Member

That's weird. Mine is working just fine.
    I just noticed that my shutdown time is taking more time. Before upgrading it'd take 2 secs only to shutdown. Now around 20-30 secs. Any work arounds?

#247 catmik, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  8. jussujjus

jussujjus Member

@catmik oh, when the icons are too close from your dock when you drag it away, it goes back. But when you drag the icons really far from the dock, maybe center screen, it shows the the poof icon then it works! I still haven't noticed my shut down time. Maybe later I'll test it.

9. benzng

benzng Well-Known Member

I will try to reinstall again when i get home. if that does not work then i will revert to the time machine back up last month. hassle lang upgrading.

10. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

updated mine, problem i encountered is that i cant see my bootcamp partition, so i restarted to check if bootcamp still works and ok naman. But when i restarted to osx, i was greeted with some sort of disk utility options. my mac partition was greyed out. Did some reading and some said using repair disk worked for them. Used that one and good thing it worked. Bootcamp partition was still not visible but installed paragon ntfs and this solved it.

11. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

backread a few pages mate, answers in previous pages. cheers!

12. redtamayo

You need to drag the dock icon at least 1 inch away from the dock. And do not release it until it changes to the poof icon. This is intended functionality to prevent 'new-ish' users from deleting dock items inadvertently.

13. liv_m

liv_m Member

anybody here with early 2011 mbp with the stock 4gb ram who already upgraded to ML? how was it? did you notice any sluggishness when opening apps?

14. redtamayo

^I have an early 2011 MBP 15" with Hi-Res Display with 8GB RAM. I installed ML over a 2 week-old Lion install. No sluggishness so far (PSCS6, MSOffice, Win7 on Parallels) aside from the usual reloading of fonts/plugins etc of some apps. The first run is slower than the next ones. I would like to note too however that I am on an SSD.

15. liv_m

liv_m Member

My mbp 13" is basically stock... planning to upgrade to ML, that's why I'm asking if it won't get sluggish in opening apps with just the 4gb ram... btw, i run just the basic apps.

thanks for sharing.:)

16. BigTimeBully

BigTimeBully Member

got it sir. thanks

17. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

You should have no problems running you Mac with the native apps. Those had been thoroughly tested at Apple. Issues if any are from those Macs with tweaks and apps that Apple was unable to test. There is simply too many user configurations for Apple to test. Fixes appear in updates.

18. jussujjus

jussujjus Member

Mine is an early 2011 15" MBP with 4gb ram. It's smooth well you'll experience it better after spotlight finishes its indexing and other updates. Do a reboot then you've got yourself a smooth experience!

19. niceNslow1

niceNslow1 Member

downloading mountian lion :)

40minutes...

20. DenzDaniel

DenzDaniel Active Member

downloading Mountain Lion...

12 minutes... ;)