OS upgrade

Discussion in 'Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Yasser, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Yasser

Yasser New Member

Went to Power Mac SM annex to reinstall the OS (Mountain Lion 10.8), they said it's obsolete and they don't support it, they can reinstall it with a new OS (Yosimite) but no guarantee it will work. Whether it will work or not I have to pay 3000 pesos. I went home to think about it first and consult my boss who lend me the mac book. After one day I decided to proceed with the installation of newer OS, but the new staff told me it 's not possible as the Yosimite cannot be supported by my Macbook. I was almost arguing with the guy because the other staff the other day told me it is possible. I even told the guy to prove him wrong if can search online. Went back home and saw it's possible. https://www.apple.com/asia/support/osx/upgrade/.
    So disappointed, i went there twice coming from montalban for nothing.

2. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

first off, whats' the model of your mac? based on your post you are using a macbook white? based on your mac's model, we can determine what OS will work with your current hardware.

3. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Appalled (yet not surprised) to know that APRs such as PMC would charge so much for something that would cost them almost nothing o_O