Ordering SL online.

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by francis.tan, Sep 4, 2009.

1. francis.tan

francis.tan Member

how long does it usually take to arrive?

My order status online says that it's already shipped on aug 31 via singapore post limited.

when i click check details it says "A technical difficulty has prevented us from processing your request. Please click here to return to the Apple Online Store."

i also got the e-invoice last tuesday and the details seem to be correct.

am i just being paranoid? does it really take this long?

thanks.

2. philipbontuyan

philipbontuyan New Member

I ordered mine last August 26 but I have not yet received it even now Sept 5. It's been 10 days. I checked the status via DHL's tracking service. Apparently it got out of Hongkong on 30 August. A check with DHL Philippines yielded this response:

Dear sir,

Thank you for coursing your inquiry through our DHL website and giving us an opportunity to assist you.

Based on our records, abovementioned shipment arrived Manila on August 30, 2009 and has been submitted to Bureau of Customs undergoing clearance process. Trust that we will arrange for the shipment’s immediate delivery as soon as shipment is released from customs.

Please feel free to email me back should there be any way else we could assist you.

Regards,

Gloria Concepcion
    Customer Care Executive
    DHL Express

------------

Ibig sabihin sa Bureau of Customs na-stuck ang mga shipments. This is where the delays mostly are. Am not sure why, but my hunch is naghihintay ng lagay ang mga yon.

Today after sending another email of complaint I received another update from DHL, which says:

Dear sir,

Although we regret to note of your disappointment, we appreciate the opportunity you have given us.

Based on our records, shipment air waybill 7741820111 has just been released from Bureau of Customs and will be forwarded to our Manila Service Center to facilitate delivery. We will further coordinate with them to monitor arrival and arrange immediate delivery once received.

NCG / Gateway Ops,

Kindly monitor and assist to facilitate smooth transfer to Manila Service Center. Thanks.

Regards,

Gloria Concepcion
    Customer Care Executive
    DHL Express

---------

At least DHL is professional enough to investigate the status of the shipment and notify me about it.

I hope you get yours soon. I am still waiting for mine. Maybe by tomorrow it will be here... keeping my fingers crossed.

How about the others who ordered SL online. Tell us your story too.

Cheers!

3. t3nity

t3nity Member

Normally... When i purchased some goods in hongkong, like xbox 360 games... It arrives only the next day... XBOX 360 games are much expensive than the SL Retail Pack. I don't think this is a customs delay and it was already 5 days after the item was shipped...

Maybe apple is up to something.. Hmmmm...

4. wrkshy

wrkshy Member

took about a week to received mine. including sat-sun.

5. joymd_ust

joymd_ust Member

I tried to tract my SL up-to-date using DHL online but to no avail. It says the tracking or order number is not found. Kinda funny question is Singapore Post Ltd same as DHL? hahahaha :) did you have an option on selecting DHL to deliver your up to date?

6. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

i ordered two (2) SL up-to-date DVDs last Aug.25 12:39AM... it was delivered Aug.28 around 5PM by DPEX SINGAPORE...

i also ordered the SL Retail Box last Aug.25 11:20AM and it was delivered SEPT.1 around 4PM by DHL EXPRESS...

#6 ArkiJan, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  7. c_fred_2

c_fred_2 Member

Still don't have mine. I had it shipped to my office, pero hanggang ngayon wala pa. I checked my order status in apple store and noticed nawala na yung 'delivery date 9-7-2009'. Now i'm getting concerned. I know na sa monday pa delivery date nun pero baka my nag hijack ng package ko? Wag naman sana.

8. t3nity

t3nity Member

Too bad dude its holiday on monday... If you have worked maybe there will be an attempt from dhl. But i think they are holiday as well...

9. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

i'm expecting mine to arrive on monday.
    so the site says.

i'll keep you posted. made the online purchase sept 3

10. chayan

chayan Member

Mine was shipped on August 28 and it says on the DHL site that "Delivery arranged no details expected" for Sept 4. I ordered it last August 26 so its been 10 days from the time it was shipped out. I'm thinking it would have been better if I just bought it from a retailer.

I was expecting it to arrive yesterday. Do they deliver on Saturdays and Sundays?

11. weirdohenrico

weirdohenrico Member

My SL up-to-date DVDs order is being shipped through Standard Parcel -- how long does that usually take?

12. tinman

tinman Member

i ordered last 27Aug online and i got my SL yesterday 4Sep around noon. try calling DHL - they were most helpful when i inquired!

13. philipbontuyan

philipbontuyan New Member

Yes DHL delivers on Saturdays. I got mine at last TODAY!!! But only after I have done so much pestering to them via email. I ordered mine August 26, then got it on 5 Sept, so a total of 11 days.

I installed it immediately in my Macbook Pro 2007 over 10.5.7. Installation time took 50 minutes total. No need to do anything... just watch the blue bar progress veeerrrry slowwwlyyy. Nakakainip kaya better do something else then come back later. Nothing to view during installation, not even an animation.

The good news is everything worked flawlessly. I did not have any problems at all. All my files and apps are in their original places. Even background apps like Little Snitch functions. The changes in the OS are very subtle that sometimes you keep on thinking whether you have updated at all. I noticed slight speed improvements. And it shuts down more quickly.

Cheers!

14. jhune_tan09

jhune_tan09 Member

i oreder mine last aug 26 and arive at sept 1.

15. retinasurgeon

retinasurgeon Member

Mine was 4 days. Ordered on the 31st, and arrived on the 4th, as the advisory said. Maybe there was a problem with Customs.

16. gensankid

gensankid Member

Mine was shipped last: 31/08/2009 via SINGAPORE POST LIMITED (no tracking number) don't know how to follow-up, please help :(

17. chayan

chayan Member

Hay, problems with customs shouldn't be our problem. They have already factored in taxes in the prices right?

Mine is already 2 days late and I'm a little irked with how DHL states my delivery status. "Delivery Arranged last Sept 4." plus "no details expected" doesn't say much. I guess I'll receive it tomorrow or on Monday if ever. I won't be home though so I won't be updating till next week if they don't deliver it tomorrow morning... ~_~

18. ewe_17

ewe_17 Member

Do I really have to be present on the day of delivery? Can I just leave my ID and have an authorized person sign it for me? Do I need to make an authorization letter? TIA :)

19. c_fred_2

c_fred_2 Member

Oo nga e. Holiday sa monday. Pero meron naman kami pasok sa monday, so sana subukan pa rin nila mag deliver. Problem lang baka hindi papasukin ng mga guard ung mga delivery people sa building namin.

20. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

If it's via DHL, no need. They'll make the receiving person sign anyway. They'll also note if s/he was the helper, receptionist, family member, etc. You can view this in the DHL tracking website, upon entering your tracking number.

Of course, if you're the segurista type, go ahead and leave an ID and authorization letter. But in my personal experience, whether it's Apple products or fountain pens, I never left an ID nor letter. And 9 out of 10, it's my receptionist who received my package.

If it's via post and the postman delivers the item to your door, no need for an ID as well. They'll just make the receiving person sign. Sometimes, they'll ask for an ID of the receiving person.

If all the post office sends you is a claim receipt, just sign the back of said receipt where it says "addressee" and have a proxy sign where it says "authorized representative". Then, give him/her your ID and ask him/her to bring an ID as well. And yes, tell your proxy to bring money.

Generally, DHL and the post office won't require you to receive your items in person. The only agency that required me to receive my delivery in person was the NSO, when they delivered my Certificate of No-Marriage and Birth Certificate for Marriage Purposes.