Online Banking with a Mac

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by elbert, May 17, 2004.

1. elbert

elbert Active Member

This is a little survey on the compatibility of online banking websites with the Mac.

For those who are successfully using online banking sites, please list which bank and which browser you are using.

For those who are unsuccessful, please list which site and which browsers you've tried.

State your OS as well please.

Let me start:

On OS 10.3.3: BPI Expressonline works well using Internet Explorer 5.2.3, doesn't work with Safari 1.2.1

2. cutiepanda

cutiepanda Member

Using HSBC's online banking services, works flawlessly.

:party:

... just for the record, also using Cityline online cinema booking here in HK and everything works fine as well.

Latest OSX (that comes with the new batch of PBs) and yes, the latest Safari works fine with these services for me. I've deleted IE from my machine (first day I get it I always delete these crap)...

:D

[Edited on 5-17-2004 by cutiepanda]

3. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

yup, i use bpiexpressonline myself, which is why i haven't strayed from MSIE.

i also use MSIE for my US citibank account and a small maintenance checking account i've retained in my old university. i wonder what i'd do without online banking. it's so easy to move money around--now if i only had more to move!

4. super_ed

super_ed Active Member

6821 Ayala Avenue, cor Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue
    huh? bpiexpressonline works fine with me naman.

Citibank, it doesn't work with Safari 1.2.1, so i had to shift browser pa whenever i need to access my accounts.

5. ginoledesma

ginoledesma Guest

Guys, for those using BPI Express, you can use ANY BROWSER with the following URL:

https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/direct_signinNIE.htm

If you don't remember this URL, then just remember this. Add the word "NIE" (not Internet Explorer) in the URL of the link that says "log into Consumer Banking).

6. docnap

docnap Member

I tried BPI Expressonline just now using Safari 1.2.1 and I was able to log in and view my account. However, when I tried to access the express payment tabs, I was not able to do it. I think it will work just for browsing but not for transacting payments or money transfers.

Nap

[Edited on 5-17-2004 by docnap]

7. mgd

mgd Member

Citibank with Firefox. Can't get it to run properly on Safari nor IE.

8. Dinkydoo

Dinkydoo Member

Same here Cutiepanda! HSBC's online banking saves a lot of walking and queuing. Did you mean Safari works with HSBC's online banking too? I use IE most of the time.

9. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

union bank eon accounts are easy to access with safari however metrobank online does not allow safari or internet explorer 5.2.3 on mac to access accounts.

10. opd

opd Active Member

Wow, muchas gracias, Gino- for the first time, have been able to use my Safari 1.01 (v85.6) on Jaguar 10.2.8 with BPI!!!

11. hannibal

hannibal Guest

Equitable PCI using safari. IT'S FLAWLESS!

12. alfiesy

alfiesy Active Member

Am using Citibank's online banking facility. Works with MS Internet Explorer 5.2.3 but not with Safari. Still can't use the Electronic Statement Facility (which allows you to view PDF versions of your bank / credit card statements). Always returns an error that you need MS IE 5.0 and up to view the electronic statements. This is probably one of the few times I actually wish I had a Windows PC nearby.

13. McArenas

McArenas Member

HSBC online using OPERA is the best (ang bilis mag load)! Safari on HSBC-Online is intermittent (i always get LOGON failure notice... use IE daw.).

14. Maverick

Maverick Active Member

Using Safari / Firefox / Netscape for Fleet and Citibank N.A., HSBC HK and HSBC RP

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Maverick]

15. elbert

elbert Active Member

Alfie, I read somewhere that Mozilla is compatible with Citibank.

Have you tried reinstalling Acrobat reader to make sure the plugin is installed in IE?

16. lumiere

lumiere Guest

i use ANZ (http://www.anz.com.au) and CBA (htt://www.commbank.com.au). both work well with safari. os x panther :D

17. topaz

topaz Active Member

Wells Fargo Bank no problem with Safari

18. jakcfrost

jakcfrost Guest

just checked if internet explorer 5.2 did work with bpiexpressonline, it does, even the java drop down menus work, before i had to do that kind of stuff with a pc, thanks guys!!!

19. Charlie

Charlie Beyond The Box/DW/Digital Hub

I can log in successfully to my BPI account thru safari but I cant do transfers or payments , anyone with the same problem?

20. Henjie

Henjie Active Member

Yup, as long as you turn off Mozilla's popup window-blocking feature (Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Popup Windows).

Equitable PCI's FastNet service works with everything. Mozilla 1.6/1.7b/1.7rc2; Safari 1.x; and IE 5.2.3. Jaguar and Panther. :)

~Henjie