Objectdock....A "dock" for Windows

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by docnap, Jun 28, 2006.

1. docnap

docnap Member

For you guys who still have windoze machines at home or in your workplace, an OS X feel is here. I discovered it today when one of our interns showed it to me. It really is a dock in Windows, with even a magnified view of the selected icons. Download it HERE

2. Gomi

Gomi Active Member

This has been around for a few years now, I think since Jaguar. The magnification of the icons in ObjectDock isn't the same as the one in the real Dock. Also, it is not hardware accelerated
    so it can be jerky and takes up more than its fair share of cpu power for what it does. Well, you get what you pay for...

The "dock" bundled with the FlyAKiteOSX themer on steroids is a better match to the real thing.

3. docnap

docnap Member

Thanks for that Gomi. I never really bother myself with Windows these days. It's just that when my kids ask me to accompany them in the attic to play using the desktop, I just long for that OSX feel. Now it's a little tolerable.

4. doccat

doccat Member

Hey docnap... why not play with your kids on your powerbook instead? My 2 boyz dont even like the look of the PC's. They just want to play on my iMac or PB!

You must start them young no?

hehe...

5. docnap

docnap Member

Hi Kat,

They do play with my PB, but usually this involves only online games, dinsny, Nickjr etc. stuff. They use the PC when they use games from CDs. How are you my friend? Enjoy yourself there. See you soon??

6. doccat

doccat Member

Hey Nap! I'm fine & having a great time here. :)

I 1st saw this "dock" on George Lim's windoze. It doesnt appear nice anyway. 2nd rate copy cat kind of dock... hehe

soooo biased!

7. bosbik

bosbik Member

i think rocketdock is newer..nice skins too...;)