Nokia E90 Communicator

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by chu, Feb 15, 2007.

1. chu

chu Active Member

Finally confirmed and not just a rumor, the Nokia E90 has finally been shown (preproduction) it is Series 60 based device in a communicator form factor, it has all the modern goodies of the latest Nokia Smartphones, 3.5 G, 3 Megapixel Camera, Wi-fi, GPS, etc. Looks like they got this one right and they didn't hold back on any of the features as they did with previous communicators.

E90 vs. iPhone-- let the battle begin!

http://my-symbian.com/s60v3/review_e90.php

2. vicoyski

vicoyski Member

Kainis! This still doesn't have a touch screen. Cursor control is still through the joystick pad. After all the communicators released by Nokia, you would think that they would at least have thought of finally adding a touch screen... :mad:

3. jps444

jps444 Active Member

wow that is sweet! i wonder how much is it and when will it come out?

4. achtungbaby

achtungbaby Member

From one review site - approx price is Euro 800.

5. deepblue

deepblue Active Member

i've always been a fan of the communicator line, and this latest one's nice. maybe it's time to upgrade my 9500 to the 9300i, as prices should be going down. :)

6. ultratramp

ultratramp Active Member

someone please crowbar OSX into this device :)

7. PowerPee

PowerPee Well-Known Member

hmm wonder when the release date is going to be. I am also a communicator fan and though I don't have one (I find reason to complain) it would be good to be able to finally get a good one...

8. chu

chu Active Member

As an old communicator fan, some things that I find exciting about this one:
    -The front phone is a fully functional Symbian phone - nothing was disabled.
    -The inside keyboard is backlit (and supposedly feels great)
    -There now is a strong vibration feature (finally.)
    -The camera is a nice 3.2 megapixel.

9. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here I have been always been a fan of the nokia communicator series and had the pleasure of owning every model since 9000 i have found this phone series to suit my needs even if its a large phone.

I only gripe was i had to wait for a work around for my 9500 to sync with my mac . I hope this phone E90 would have already the ability to sync with my mac out of the box.

10. psymd1

psymd1 Active Member

#10 psymd1, Feb 17, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  11. morphine

morphine Active Member

I don't know about the others but for me without a touch screen it is a pain in navigating thru a small joy stick

12. jps444

jps444 Active Member

@morphine yeah it can be a pain for most people. but for communicator users for quite sometime now have learned to live with it. the features of the communicator have always been abel to compensate that fault. so i guess it is still forgiveable for them not to incorporate the touch screen. and the general layout of the OS made it very favorable to just use the joystick.

13. vicoyski

vicoyski Member

I agree... The Wifi on the last communicator was quite slow. Surfing the web with a joystick on a slow wifi connection was quite a hassle. A touchscreen would allow faster web browsing. You just click and choose... Click and choose, instead of wade and choose. But, to each his own... :)

14. morphine

morphine Active Member

I have a Nokia E61 but I don't use it since my thumbs are sore with minutes of handling the joystick. I am still using my Treo 650.

15. bmsantillan

bmsantillan Active Member

Got a chance to to try an E90 from a Nokia Executive.. really sleek!!

16. kaffee

kaffee Active Member

:p Or make the unit have the option to dual boot. By now, smartphones should maybe have that ability.

17. chu

chu Active Member

Did he mention when they expect to have it out? Would it be June by any chance? (same as iPhone in U.S.)

18. jps444

jps444 Active Member

yeah can you provide us an indepth review? is it worth having as a second phone? and any news when it will be released here in asia (especially the philippines)?

19. hannibal

hannibal Guest

looks like the official release of this phone is getting closer and closer. somebody at my-symbian.com updated their review based on a production unit. i think i'll have time to own this phone before the most coveted iPhone arrives here.

[​IMG]

20. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    I think the launch timetable for this is within June.