Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by jetan, Oct 20, 2016.

1. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

2. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

How is playing nba 2k on the switch and connecting it to the TV? I’m just a casual gamer and recently had a ps4 pro... and now thinking of getting a switch when i found out it also carries the nba 2k game... thanks in advance

#602 shootertwist, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  3. ignite

ignite Active Member

I have the 2k on PS4 Slim and the Switch. I still prefer playing on the PS4 if via TV. For me mejo nababagalan ako when I play sa Switch. Only upside of the Switch version is if you like playing on the go.

4. shootertwist

Hi sir when you say mabagal sa TV its sluggish ung mismong paggalaw ng players? I rarely get some play time na kasi sa house before with the ps4 dahil busy pero medyo gadget itch kasi would like to try the switch and since puede din on the go i figured i might be able to use it especially when caught in traffic, i guess I’m just trying to justify getting one hehe, that’s why i’m curious with tge nba 2k sa switch and when connecting it to a TV, especially since the new nba 2k20 will be released very soon na... thanks in advance :)
    Also pala i can also play 2-player mode on the switch with the nba? Thanks :)

5. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

Playing NBA 2K on the switch feels clunky. Aaide from the fact that the graphics are blocky compared to the ones on the PS4, the controls aren't as smooth, and feel more robotic. Sort of like the old Resodent Evil games.

But hey, you get to play it on the go, so pwede na rin. Plus it (2K19) was on sale for like 3 us dollars a few months ago sothat's not a bad deal at all.

6. ignite

ignite Active Member

Exactly, mejo sluggish yung overall feel. Maybe because a good chunk of game data is saved on the sd card. Only owned the game when it was on sale several months ago so hindi naman nakakahinayang yung purchase. And yes, I think you can play 2 player mode with only 2 joycons but controls would be very difficult given its size, lack of buttons...

I prefer playing NBA Playgrounds on Switch for the quick basketball game fix specially on the go.

7. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

I also have NBA Playgrounds on my Switch and it’s a decent basketball game. No roster updates though.

8. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

i own a PS4 and a Nintendo Switch and i bought NBA 2K19 on both console. While it is true that 2K19 on NS feels a bit sluggish the portability is really great. When you are getting older and there’s a lot on your plate already i think it is awesome to have. I can play a quarter or 2, then tuck it away when there is a pressing matter to handle then go back to it afterwards when i find time again and finish the game. You can play it for awhile before going to sleep or when you can’t catch those Zzzzzzz then after awhile when dreamland calls you can just put it in the bedside table then continue the game when you wake up or when you find time.

shootertwist likes this.
  9. shootertwist

^ your situation sir allowed me to justify buying one hehe got mine yesterday and i must say its a joy having may fave game on the go since the early 2000s hehehe
    Graphics are decent enough and a step up from ipad pro/iphone xs max, and its a full fledged game... being able to dock it on the tv is great when on night outs with family or some friends

41C67EB8-D3EA-4E9B-A933-2C066BF03FEF.jpeg

ignite, Jess, jhonas015 and 1 other person like this.
  10. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

preorder starts

11. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

glad you made the leap sir. :)

12. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

NBA 2K20 on the Switch is at 30fps. To get a smooth overall experience, the game needs to run at 60fps.

dasaint likes this.
  13. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Getting the turquoise one for my girlfriend when Animal Crossing New Horizons comes ojt next year. I have a strong feeling that I'll want a lite for myself as well. The normal switch doesn't really feel that portable, and 60% of the time always docked for tv usage. Hopefully datablitz will price it fairly!

jetan likes this.
  14. jetan

same ill be getting the turquoise too.

15. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

16. shootertwist

its decent enough both in dock mode and tablet mode, i also have the ps4 pro and of course its better but if you dont have a basis of comparison its decent enough and really enjoyable,... brought it to a cousin's house and we all had a blast, its all about the competition with nba 2k, after awhile you dont really bother with the FPS as long as there is no lag and graphics are above average, its actually pretty good than i have anticipated, the tablet mode was expected but the dock mode was surprisingly smooth, definitely great for weekend family/friends getaways, i remember i had to carry one whole bag just to bring the entire console haha... thanks again for the suggestions here :) i also got the adaptor to let me use the ps4 pro controller and it worked great tried it this morning

17. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

I grab a Nintendo Switch yesterday. 1st time to own a Nintendo game system .
    I think is it more of an impluse buy hahaha .Still stuck in Zelda :D

18. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

It just looks so fresh and unique. If they produce a red one (Mario red), I’ll jump on it for sure. :LOL:

jetan likes this.
  19. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Good choice for your first game i’m sure you will spend a lot of time with zelda. Ever since i got my unit 15 months ago Zelda lang natapos ko (story) pero side quest di pa.

Unfortunately its now sitting on my drawer

Oh and check eshop store maybe once a month for sale! Got my nba 2k19 for 3$ and mario rabbids for 19$

dasaint likes this.
  20. jetan

plenty of demo games available for trial.

dasaint likes this.