Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by jetan, Oct 20, 2016.

1. lennytan

lennytan Active Member

you can just buy it at datablitz or gameone, they sell individual controllers (left/right controllers) for the switch :)

iJav likes this.
  2. armel

armel Active Member

You can buy Joycons in a Datablitz or iTech.

iJav likes this.
  3. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

i replayed splatoon 2 again a great number of months after its initial release, and my gosh the players left behind are so, so good now. haha. i can't even kill properly so i resort to turf-painting instead hahaha.

4. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Well-Known Member

352BEF94-768E-4567-A5B5-2A8EA85E0A85.jpeg

I'm late in the game but finally gave in!
    This was out of stock all over Tokyo last October. Now that we're back, it's buying time! I love Yodobashi!

5. kyubi

kyubi Member

How much?

6. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Well-Known Member

Unit is Y29,980

7. mokmoki

it's a good time to start working on the backlog of games for the Switch as upcoming releases are in a bit of a slump after the onslaught of good 2017 games.

8. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

A bit of a downtime woth regards to switch releases. Still waiting for Smash Brothers as my next Switch game purchase.

Playing Mario Odyssey now. Got 500 Power Moons already. Trying to complete all the pre-glowing rock Power Moons, as well as the Purple Coins.

kalirayacs likes this.
  9. 11Finger

11Finger Member

hey guys thinking of buying a Nintendo Switch for my kids. Am looking at the Super Mario Odyssey bundle in Amazon and it's at $500 vs the base unit which is at $300, can someone explain why there's such a big difference ? From what I can tell it's just additional bag, mario game and different color theme for the bundle...

10. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

The price difference is not justified. What's included in the Mario Odyssey bundle is the game ($60), a Mario Odyssey slim pouch ($15), and a couple of stickers. For $500, just get the regular version, and also get an extra pair of joy-cons, a pro controller, and the game. May sukli ka pa.

jhonas015 and Sunil_K like this.
  11. red_manila

red_manila Member

Agree with this. I don't know if the SMO bundle is supposed to be limited or anything, but $500 is too much for what you're getting.

12. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i got my mario way lower than 500USD hehe

13. 11Finger

11Finger Member

That's what I was thinking as well... so anyway part 2 of my question, I'll be going to the US in June so I'm thinking of buying it there as Switch+SMO is around Php18+k vs Php22+k here, that's around a 4k difference. A big enough difference that I think it's worth gambling on lack of warranty here - I assume there's no international warranty and as I understand it there is no "region" locked software ? Any reason why I should but it here aside from local warranty ?

14. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

I got my Switch from Data Blitz last December; 17995 (cash) plus Mario Odyssey at 2695 (cash). 20,690 all in all. Maybe in Greenhills you can get it at a slightly lower price if you haggle.

Still easier to grt here than in Japan, as it is still sold out in most shops.

15. RaijinGrey

RaijinGrey Member

I cannot think of any other advantage other than local warranty if you will buy here. There might be more accessories available in the US and cheaper so it's worth a try.

There's no longer a region lock on Switch and IIRC, all the SMO Switch bundles being sold here right now are Japan units.

16. mokmoki

if i would have to get a switch elsewhere, i'd try and get it in japan. otherwise, the price difference isn't that worth it in my opinion to exchange for the peace of mind from a local unit.

17. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

I also got my Nintendo Switch from I-TECH for PhP 17,995.

Don't put too much stock on the store warranties though, since wala naman talaga authorized service center ang Nintendo dito. Ang gusto ko lang sa I-TECH is meron talaga silang 7-day replacement warranty for factory defects and hidden defects that may manifest during the 7-day period.

Don Pao likes this.
  18. Jim2

Jim2 Member

Just wondering: is anyone using a Macbook wall charger (29W) as a USB-C charger for the Switch? I've read online that it works for some and safe to use. But I'm still hesitant to try it.

19. oloccin

oloccin Member

Tried this several times. No problems so far.

Jim2 likes this.
  20. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Any news of the Nintendo LABO availability locally?