Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by jetan, Oct 20, 2016.

1. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

Game one PH had a sneaky choose whatever u want bundle. Saw some people being able to purchase Zelda + SMO at 23k. Sulit! Referred my friend over to them today but apparently wala na once they ran out of SMO. The game choices are still better than others tho, since aside from the staple Mario Kart and Zelda, you also can choose Splatoon. To break it down: set A choices are MK, Zelda, Splatoon. Set B choices are Arms, Minecraft, Street Fighter.

So unless you really want the red joy cons NOW, (DB says standalone red joy cons should arrive soon), better to get the bundles elsewhere. Or you can do what I did and religiously check olx/FB for second hand packages. Just couple hours ago I saw one for 16500 with 1-2 Switch + Bomberman. Comes w DB receipt too.

Regardless of what you choose, I think now's a great time to purchase the Switch. :)

JMacalinao likes this.
  2. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Zelda & SMO at 23k is a great deal! Too bad its not available now.

iSk8er and red_manila like this.
  3. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Yep, Red Joycons are available at DB. I'll go grab a pair next year :)))))))

4. armel

armel Active Member

I was thinking of getting the SMO Switch Bundle just because of the red Joy-Cons. I was in Japan last week when it launched but it was out of stock everywhere. So i bought the Joy-Cons and the SMO Switch case instead. And all three Amiibos. ;-)

Chip likes this.
  5. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

With SMO amazing us all now and BOTW's 2nd DLC coming before the year ends, it's really a great time to buy a Switch :cool:

Aaaand yup... I'm getting those SMO-red JoyCons too!

Btw, i've been experiencing some issues lately on my right JoyCon. Whenever I play on handheld mode, the right one intermittently disconnects. I have to manually re-pair that particular JoyCon, otherwise it keeps disconnecting the entire time. I've read about similar issues and the re-pair workaround does work. But the next time I play (after waking the unit from sleep mode), that problem comes back and I'd just re-pair to be able to play continuously without a hitch. When I'm playing with the JoyCons detached or using the JoyCon grip, I don't experience that problem. So either I got a faulty right JoyCon or the contacts between the console and the JoyCon is the problem. Haven't tested with another right JoyCon though.

Just throwing this out there in case somebody else has this issue. Not a biggie really, but I was kinda alarmed when I thought I wasn't gonna be able to play SMO because of it hehehe

#405 mongkee, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  6. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

have you tried updating your joycon's firmware?

7. Chip

I've been reading a lot of issues with the right JoyCon too. But I haven't personally experienced it since I use my Pro Controller mainly. Though when we do play 3P for Overcooked, we haven't experienced any disconnects from any of the controllers. :eek:

8. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

Hey thanks for the tip! Didn't know the JoyCons had to be manually updated. Mine are updating now as I type so here's hoping that fixes my right JoyCon problem

9. christopher

christopher Member

Hey guys! Just bought the Nintendo Switch. Is there any region preference for making a Nintendo account online?

I'm surprised 2 of the 3 games I bought are 10/10. And it's just a 7-month-old system.

10. Chip

To be able to play online yata or to access the e-shop, its best to use a US address :)

11. christopher

christopher Member

Thanks, @Chip! Does it work PH issued cards?

12. Chip

Yes it does :)

christopher likes this.
  13. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

No region locking too. You can switch freely between e-shop regions. I plan to purchase Stardew Valley from the mexico e-shop since it's only 400 php there vs Php 800 sa US store.

PS make sure to select a tax free post code when selecting your US address.

christopher likes this.
  14. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

Skyrim is out now! I haven't played this game before so my first experience with it would be on a portable system. hehe.

15. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

2K18 is on sale now sa eshop. Currently at $42 for the basic edition.

16. ignite

ignite Active Member

Bought this baby yesterday. What got me to pull the trigger is the social aspect where you can easily play with somebody on the go.

For those on the lookout for prices, I got the Super Mario Odyssey bundle at Datablitz for 22k cash. It includes an all-red joy con, physical copy of the game and a pouch with screen protector. Downloaded Just Dance 2018 for the gf, it was on sale on the shop for around Php1,800. So a total initial cost of 24.8k for 2 games that I really like.

You guys have any suggestions for :
    1) a micro sd brand, looking at 64gb or 128gb depending on the price point
    2) a good usb-c charging options sans the bulky pacakged power cord. (this is my first usb-c device)

#416 ignite, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  17. kalirayacs

kalirayacs Active Member

18. rvaph

rvaph Active Member

Finished with SMO and now doing Cat Quest. It's a 2D game where you play as a cute cat. Don't let that deceive you but it's a robust RPG that can get you playing for hours.

19. Chip

Finished Cat Quest yesterday, well, the main quest. It was fun. And there's still more to do after the main quest.

rvaph likes this.
  20. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

anyone selling zelda or mario kart? :p