New US iTunes Store Policy?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by kili-kili power, Sep 14, 2008.

1. kili-kili power

http://www.apple.com/legal/iTunes/us/sales.html
    [​IMG]

is this an old threat or is this actually something new?

So does this mean not only should we not attmept to legally buy music, tv shows, or music, they will also play "Big Brother" and zap em from our libraries if we dare try?

What gives? Here we are trying our best to fight the temptations of piracy and torrents and they push us right back in that direction?

#1 kili-kili power, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. rsa

rsa Member

I think that warning has been in the US iTunes store since they opened.

3. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

It's not new. That text has been in the ToS since 2006 or even 2005.

This is a webarchive of the iTunes Store Terms of service, archive on July 12, 2006 (And the bottom states it was last updated on Oct 7, 2005: http://web.archive.org/web/20060712034859/http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/service.html

Scroll down to point #10:

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

in hindsight, its apple's way of covering its ass so as to protect its agreement with the content providers (movie studios) and its a case of the left hand not "knowing" what the right hand is doing. I'm sure Apple is well aware of the existence of ebayed itunes gift cards.

to answer the TS: no, it won't drive people to torrent and pirated stuff but it will drive people from buying Apple TV, itunes gift cards and, subsequently, clip itunes downloads.

5. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

This goes to show that people are actually reading the terms which is a good thing.

I know I don't.

6. kili-kili power

oh ok, guilt as charged to... i never read them... my cousin, who is new to itunes thanks to his new iphone flagged me with this when he updated to 2.1... so he got paranoid... oh wells =) back to buying then! thanks guys!