New Retina Macbook Pros (mid-2014)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by docnico, Jul 29, 2014.

1. sam3739

sam3739 Member

nope no free apple care just 1 year warranty, got mine registered midnight, apple servers are usually busy.

2. vincer

vincer Active Member

Encountered this message also upon checking my MBA's warranty. I then sent Apple a scanned copy of the receipt. Around 3 days after, I got an email from Apple saying that my MBA's purchase date has been established and warranty coverage was also then updated.

3. estatiktik

estatiktik Member

hi thanks...where to I send the proof of purchase?...do I just use the contact page in the apple website?...

4. lotusflowergurl

Thanks for this info. Just got my MBP yesterday and everytime I register I see the same error. Will follow your advice. Thank you so much :)

5. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

login to your apple id account and try to check the coverage info for your mac. on that page, there should be a link "submit your proof of purchase online". click that link and send them a copy of your receipt.

6. sam3739

sam3739 Member

faster way is to let apple support detect it for you, that was what I did last week :)

7. Aimark

Aimark New Member

Hi guys, first time I experienced my mac giving off fan sounds and heating up quite a bit. Not much really but since it's the first time it did that I'm wondering if this should be of concern. I bought mine last september or august I think. I'm only doing normal day to day tasks with it. Also have it sleeved or with a case. Maybe it has something to do with that.

8. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

hi guys! i just got my MBPr last week and would just like to ask something very trivial.

is it ok to leave inside the moshi clearguard keyboard protector whilst the Mac's lid is shut or should i remove it every time i close my Mac's lid?

sorry for the noob query, it's my first time using a keyboard protector. thanks!

9. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi Pochiman! I read in one of the posts a mugger who had a keyboard protector, it turned orange over time and it stained the keys. Plus even the screen had the protector "mark".

So better not have a keyboard protector. If u must have it, dont close the lid.

Btw, long time no see señor :)

10. resisus

resisus Member

Guys, do you know when is the next release of MacBook Pro?
    I am contemplating on getting the current model as to maybe next year there will be an update.

11. pochiman

hola señor Sunil_K! hehehe! thanks for the heads up sir! having a tough time finding info relating to this particular curiosity. what i did a few hours ago was to leave a single sheet of bond paper in between the screen and the moshi clearguard prior to leaving for work so as to lessen the chances of the clearguard leaving any imprints on the MBPr's screen. i do have a screen protector installed as well though.

i guess i'll just remove the keyboard protector later and every time moving forward, prior to closing the lid. good thing i didn't throw out the original packaging.

12. uglybunny

uglybunny Member

Anyone ordered via apple store ph website?

I'm eyeing a BTO unit, 13" 16gb 256ssd. I tried inquiring at BTB but they told me that I'll have to wait for 4-6 weeks for it.

13. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

OT: where can I still buy the previous generation of MBA? Does it have a hug price difference compared to the new generations? TIA!

14. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

I deleted someone's post because they were asking for piracy.

There are many free legal alternatives if you want something like Microsoft Office. OpenOffice and NeoOffice are also free downloadable software. Pages, Keynote and Numbers are free with all new Macs.

Leo

15. DinoJ

DinoJ Member

When do you think will the early 2015 models appear?

16. pochiman

17. popoy05

popoy05 Member

planning to buy a new macbook pro. ok ba kung ang bibilihin ko eh yung ndi retina? yung may malaking storage o etong may retina display? Thanks!

18. popoy05

popoy05 Member

saka dapat na ba akong bumili o magmumura paba yun?

19. iammarco

iammarco Member

It depends...what will you be using your MBP for?

...after you answer, definitely you'll get tips from forum members here, including me on what to buy.

20. iammarco

iammarco Member

Authorised/Premium Resellers almost follow standard pricing, meaning unless there is a price drop in the official Apple Store, the prices remain the same on almost all the stores. I say almost because there are some resellers that offer significant discounts especially if you pay in cash ie. BTB