New GCash American Express Virtual Card allows US iTunes account access?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by docnico, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

The address given by Globe.

2. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

Regenerating a pin worked. Thanks, @ejaxene

3. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Good to hear!

4. Borgz

Borgz Member

Thank to this thread, I have an opportunity to purchase from the US iTunes store. I have problems though signing up to a new apple ID and plugging my gCASH AMEX details. After I put everything in place in creating and apple id in iTunes (Desktop), it will give me the message (in red box): For assistance, contact iTunes Support at Apple - Support - Country Selector.

Anybody else experienced this and was able to solve this successfully? As of this time, I have not undergone the KYC process, but I have already created the account in Globe and successfully created the Virtual Pay profile, as well as putting in load into it.

5. WSM4

WSM4 New Member

Hi guys! I'm new to this GCASH AmEx thing. I created my gcash just a few days ago and also registered to AmEx. I have undergone the KYC process and cashed-in 1000php. After doing all these things, I tried to buy "gems" (an in-app purchase of Clash of Clans) and pop-up messages appear and it says "Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed" and "Purchase Failed. Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I had already changed my country/region to US and had entered the billing address provided by my GCASH AmEx account prior to buying.

Can you help me guys? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

PS
    The 'gems' I was trying to purchase cost only $4.99 (Php220+)

6. Karen

Karen New Member

I'm kind of confused about this GCASH AMEX...What about in-app purchases from games that are region specific? Do I have to change the region? Coz if I do I won't be able to purchase from that app. What about the Billing Address do I have to change that too with the given US shipping address? I just hate that apple/itunes app store won't allow paypal as the payment mode.

7. Noel Nuguid

Noel Nuguid New Member

Hi Everyone. Just needed to revisit this. Currently, im trying to setup a US Itunes account using the details from my Gcash Amex but i keep getting denied. Is this method still doable?

8. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

No good for a while now.

9. Noel Nuguid

Noel Nuguid New Member

Thanks for replying bossing. would you by any chance aware of another way to setup as US itunes account and payment method from the philippines?

10. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

^ You are better off buying iTunes cards to make purchases; you can buy online and have the code delivered by e-mail. It's an added workflow yes, but it's the only way for now.

11. Noel Nuguid

Noel Nuguid New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. i am already doing that but would like to setup family sharing. and to setup family sharing i needed to add a payment method which in turn requires a real credit card. guess thats pretty much a roadblock for me...

12. pctan1584

I buy itunes card from Amazon as there is no add on amount to the value of the card.

raypin likes this.
  13. Noel Nuguid

Noel Nuguid New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. im also buying US Itunes Prepaid cards but from Lazada and am able to purchase apps using that. the problem starts when i try to setup family sharing. this triggers apple to require me to have a payment method which requires a us based paypal or a us based credit card.

14. ramil

ramil Active Member

^ I have the same dilemma. I am trying to set-up Family Sharing, but it requires me to put a US-based PayPal or a US credit card, both of which I don't have. I'm also interested in the responses that you will get.

15. Noel Nuguid

Noel Nuguid New Member

Hey Ramil, im trying to do some research about this but so far no go. will update you i find anything.

ramil likes this.
  16. ramil

ramil Active Member

Thanks Noel. I'll also let you know if I find a way to set up Family Sharing.

17. Yvaine Starr

Yvaine Starr New Member

Please help.. I recently just made my gcash account and tried to use amex to buy an in-app purchase (MyCafe).. had 520 in my account and wanted to buy 499 worth of game diamonds, it didnt go through because they deducted 61.. apple says its authorization hold something, okay fine.. loaded 50 so now i have 509, tried to buy 499 again, didnt go through because they deducted 61 AGAIN!!! Now i only have 448 load out of 570, didnt get squat and im out 122! I called globe said theyd have to investigate it first..

18. pctan1584

Had several issues similar when I was registering the GCASH AMEX card. It was refunded after a few days

19. Yvaine Starr

Yvaine Starr New Member

Did you escalate? Or just let it resolve itself?