New GCash American Express Virtual Card allows US iTunes account access?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by docnico, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ivin

ivin Active Member

A stupid question, but do you need a globe number to avail one? Or is a different service from globe.?

2. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

Your globe number will be your gcash number too, so yes, you will need a globe number.

3. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

GCASH AMEX Online Refund Form

Found this yesterday. Apparently you can now also submit refund requests/complaints through an online form aside from calling 2882. Makes me feel comfortable knowing that someone's going to read my submission instead of calling a line.

GCash Refund
    https://mygcash.globe.com.ph/gcashamex -> It's also accesible through here, at the bottom of the page

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Just a quick question to those who use GCASH AMEX on their iPhones/iPads:

1) Do any of you receive a "high risk" error or something similar in nature when buying apps that are worth around P200 - P300?
    2) Is the P500 charge-to-bill feature of GCASH AMEX still working? An acquaintance is asking.

TIA to those who'll answer! :)

5. l7224

l7224 Active Member

The 500 charge-to-bill is for digital products only, as far as i know. But i could be wrong.

6. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Thanks for answering! But do you know if it's still working? I heard it wasn't working for a time, and I want to know if it's okay again. :)

7. l7224

l7224 Active Member

so i tried purchasing the coldplay album for a friend thru the gcash amex and i got a text message that says, "Sorry your transaction with GCASH American Express Virtual Pay cannot be completed. Your balance is insufficient to complete the transaction. To fund your GCASH wallet for FREE, visit GCash to cash-in via our online bank transfer facility or to locate the nearest GCASH outlet. You may also transfer funds via BPI mobile banking....". i went into my gcash app and did a Cash In from my bpi account. purchased the gift album again and got a message on the payment made for it and my new gcash balance. problem is, i also got a notification that i will be charged with a different amount on my postpaid bill. upon checking with itunes, i found out that i actually purchased the gift twice. i reported it to globe to revert that charge coz the system did told me the first purchase wasn't successful. as they were investigating it, i was also looking at my options with itunes. found out my friend hasn't downloaded both links and so i changed the email address on the other one and got to download it for myself.

be careful on your purchases, gcash system seems messed up.

8. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Heads up to those who would renew their GCASH AMEX. Globe's giving away a P100 Sodexo gift certificate per subscription renewal. Resubscribing is like, P250 a year. I wish mine was expired already so I can avail this (my service is set to expire some time in October).

[​IMG]

9. arubeto

arubeto Member

I actually received a text message telling me to renew my GCASH to get a P100 GC even though it is stated in the same text message that the expiry date is 2017.

10. l7224

l7224 Active Member

2017 is the expiry of your amex account but you still need to pay the annual fee of P250 just like with other credit cards.

11. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't have a Globe number. I linked my BDO Credit Card to avail the free 12 months subscription. 3% discount also for freight charge. :)

Edit:

My-Shoppingbox only. Sorry. Not the virtual card.

#91 ronnel0918, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  12. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

You are talking about the (shipping) Myshopping box component of the Gcash/Amex program. :)

1. One needs a Globe number if he/she wants to have an Amex virtual card. He/she will also be entitled to get free MSB subscription with this (plus discount on shipping fee).

2. One can use his/her own CC to buy stuff and then use MSB to ship it here. Now one can opt to pay for the yearly subscription (USD 25) or if he/she uses a BDO card to register, he/she will have a free one year subscription and a discount as ronnel mentioned above.

13. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Brain fart. Right! I was on the wrong thread all along. Hahahaha!

Sorry. Just woke up. :p

14. phonephone

phonephone Member

I can use this BDO promo thing because Globe didn't give me any log in details for my pre-registered Gcash American Express Virtual pay. Is the promo still ongoing?

15. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Have you subscribed to the P250 a year thing? This promo is still ongoing AFAIK, though I've heard that there are subs that really don't receive log in details for GCASH AMEX and My Shopping Box. Have you tried reaching them? Perhaps your details weren't sent.

16. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

I can't seem to input my gcash amex info in my US iTunes account.

17. Ejaxene

@sanobabits do you have credits in your Gcash account? App Store will deduct a dollar for verification.

18. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

@ejaxene No, not yet. That must be it. Thank you.

19. Sanobabits

Sanobabits Member

Yup, there's load already but payment still got declined.

20. Ejaxene

What address are you putting? @sanobabits

I wonder why. Would you want to try generating a pin again?