New GCash American Express Virtual Card allows US iTunes account access?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by docnico, Oct 12, 2012.

1. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

Most probably globe's "billing issues" i have had it with them. Charged me 2k 3 times for internet browsing per kb when i was on time browsing. Took 6 months to get resolved. When they discover it expect to see it on your bill months after the transaction

2. EllenStar

EllenStar Member

I already have the service, but I just want to confirm if this can be used with IAPs? TIA! :)

3. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

It does work for in-app purchases. Purchased coins from LINE and gold from Shadowgun Deadzone. Just be careful not to double press the buy button because the payment charges immediately and is almost irreversible once done (at least for Android).

4. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

How to buy App Store apps/iTunes products using Globe GCASH AMEX

So I thought about creating a how-to guide on buying apps and games on the Apple App Store using Globe’s GCASH AMEX service. If you have an iPhone running legit or jailbroken and you can’t get that app you badly want, here’s one way of getting it.

Go to your Settings section and press on iTunes & App Store. Press on your Apple ID then View Apple ID to sign in and view your account details.

[​IMG]

At this point, hopefully you have a GCASH AMEX account ready for use. Go to Payment Information to bring up another details window.

[​IMG]

Note: If your current iTunes account is associated with the Philippines, press on Country/Region then Change Country or Region and select US. This way, GCASH AMEX will work smoothly as it’s a US-registered virtual card (I think), and the details you’re going to add are all from the US. If you fail to do this step, your future purchases might get cancelled and may get reported as fraud or theft, since you’re using, in essence, a US-based card in the Philippines.

[​IMG]

If you currently don’t have an iTunes account, it’s great to create one now with the details above in mind.

Select AMEX as Payment Type, fill in the card number that you received from GCASH AMEX via SMS or email. You can also check your details on the fly by downloading the GCASH app free on the App Store.

[​IMG]

The Security Code is the four-digit code (CVV) also sent through SMS by GCASH. This is different from the MPIN you use to log-in your GCASH account. You can change this anytime for free. Protect it at all times.

Also fill in other details such as your virtual card’s expiration date, your US address, and your US phone number, if required. These are also provided by GCASH AMEX.

Check out the App Store and see if you can now buy apps.

[​IMG]

5. iDarwin

iDarwin Active Member

I tried adding my amex virtual pay details and iTunes is not accepting it.

6. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

May I know what error the console says upon submitting AMEX?

7. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Does it require my GCASH account to have a balance even if I just want to enroll/save the card info to a store's database?

Because when I try to add the card details to the site, it says I should input a correct card number, then after a few seconds, I get an SMS from Globe saying "Sorry your transaction with GCASH American Express Virtual Pay cannot be completed. Your balance is insufficient to complete the transaction."

Considering that I'm not yet buying or paying for anything yet, I get this message? :eek:

8. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

The App Store charges a dollar as part of the verification process so yes you need to have at least 50 pesos. It will be refunded hours later.

#68 Ejaxene, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  9. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

I think so, yes. Apple verifies the card by deducting a $1 test charge, just to see if it's active, even if you're not going to buy anything. That's around ¥102.29 or PHP 45 (just messing with you). Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

EDIT: Ejaxene confirms.

10. Chip

That's what I thought. And I think the minimum GCASH load is set at P500 :\ lol.. Oh well, worth a try ^_^ I can prolly cash it out anytime anyways.

Thanks for the help ^_^

11. Ejaxene

500 is too high. I don't know about the minimum for cashing-in money in GBCs/pawnshop, but for Unionbank EON to Gcash, it's 100.

12. Chip

Ah, upon reading, its P500 if I transfer via online banking. Maybe its cheaper if I just cash-in via GCash outlets/Globe BC :\

13. iDarwin

iDarwin Active Member

it prompts me to contact iTunes support. I have 500php load on my GCash account. Help.ü

14. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Are you on postpaid or prepaid?
    New iTunes account holder or existing?
    Is your address settings set to the US address provided by MSB?
    Have you entered any details relating to The Philippines?

15. iDarwin

iDarwin Active Member

It's ok now! I had to wait at least 24hours to be able to use my amex virtual pay. I don't know if its because I requested for a new security code or because I recently loaded by GCASH hence the waiting time before iTunes can use it.

16. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Good to hear it's already okay, sir.

On another note, GCASH AMEX is now apparently offering online purchases for PAL flights. Hopefully Cebu Pacific is up next.

[​IMG]

17. Chip

After loading my Gcash account with P100.00 at my local Globe Business Center, I tried registering again using my Amex Virtual Card and it finally went through. :)

18. Ejaxene

Can't you use it right away in the Cebu Pacific site since it's almost like a debit card

19. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

why can't i use this to buy Kindle Ebooks?

20. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Good on you, Chip!

If I understand it correctly (I'm just guessing here), GCASH AMEX is an American Express card, which is a US-only card. Maybe Globe or American Express haven't successfully partnered with Cebu Pacific yet?

What does it say on your iPhone? Have you set your address and region to US?