New GCash American Express Virtual Card allows US iTunes account access?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by docnico, Oct 12, 2012.

1. arubeto

arubeto Member

does that mean you deleted the songs you did not purchase then bought them from the itunes store? :)

2. coffeepad

coffeepad New Member

It means after losing my laptop i started buying songs.

3. coffeepad

coffeepad New Member

I was not charged like that when i used it. I asked their hotline and they said that rate is for sending money o another gcash number. Also tried it at amazon. But you can't buy mp3s there.

4. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

Will it work when I purchase on sites that requires a US registered address? e.g.( Nike.com)

5. arubeto

arubeto Member

oh yeah sorry, you did mention you lost your laptop.

6. DATC

DATC Member

Does anyone know if I need to have credits in my GCASH account before I can use Amex to activate my US Itunes account?

I tried setting up a US account and entered my amex number but I got a message that I need to call Itunes support to complete my account activation.

7. coffeepad

coffeepad New Member

I think you need credits before activating. iTunes charges USD1 to any account entered for verification purposes.

8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

hi guys, just recently discovered amex and got some questions hope you could help me out :)

1. if i get deducted p45 for an app i bought, are those all the charges i will get, or will there be additional charges from gcash and amex? thanks in advance

2. another thing, i seem to encounter a problem with the security number, talaga bang pabago bago yun? last time kasi i used it apple asked me to verify my payment info and turns out it didnt accept the "old" security code i used so i generated a new one and it pushed through. A day after i tried to buy again and it pushed through without a hitch but my gcash amount didnt reflect i actually bought one, i have a hunch apple will tell me tom that the transaction didnt push through and will again ask me to verify info by entering my security code.

Thanks in advance :)

9. mackulit

mackulit Member

if the same song exists in both stores, the itunes PH store usually sells it cheaper at $0.69 compared to $0.99 in the US store. But like what others mentioned, there are songs, movies only available at the US store.

10. mackulit

mackulit Member

I tried gcash amex virtual pay in the itunes US store and it worked! I encountered a problem on the security code the first time I tried to enter it in itunes. I discovered that it was due to my virtual pay subscription end date was past due so I had to renew subscription first before getting it successfully tied up to my itunes account. It was weird to see that I have a past due virtual pay subscription but well worth the PHP250 renewal.

Since then I was able to successfully buy several movies not available in our local itunes :). . Though the exchange rate is higher at 45.11, I'm a happy camper!

11. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

Anyone experienced getting double billed in the iTunes Appstore PH? How did you proceed with the claim? Got billed twice for 269 pesos, the first time Apple tried to charge me, it got processed in gcash but failed to register with apple, then when i logged in the appstore it asked me to enter the security code then charged me again.

12. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

^if you got billed twice in the appstore just email the support team, I once requested a refund for an app I purchased accidentally and it was smooth. got my refund after 2 days. But if you got billed by Globe twice i think mas mahirap mag pa refund dun but there is no harm in contacting Globe Amex. :p

#52 Jess, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  13. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

Thanks jess, emailed apple and called globe too, they gave me an email address for amex too, i was shocked when she said that the monitoring period is 121 days, lost my energy then i just said goodbye.

14. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Have you guys tried the app Apptivate?

15. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

I know someone that got charged twice for the verification code. Two P44 something charges. Those being a negligible amount, my friend decided to let it pass. Three days later the charges got refunded.

BTW, cool thread.

16. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

OfT: The Chromecast I ordered last Black Friday finally arrived at my US address via GCASH AMEX! Purchased it for $29.99.

17. acejulian

acejulian New Member

Same here..

pero yung sa kin after 3-4 days ata yun na refund naman lahat ng na double charge.. without asking for any customer support..

18. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

That's usually the case. While it shouldn't be this way ideally, we don't know why this happens. Maybe Globe has yet to discover this issue on their side?

19. polyx

polyx Member

Bought an app in the appstore using the gcash amex virtual card, i received a message that i have insufficient balance on my gcash, but i received a receipt from the appstore. And i downloaded the app. Since day 1 i haven't received any charge to my postpaid account. I have been using my account since may of this year. Already downloaded several paid apps.

20. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

That's cool! What do you think is happening? Do you think it's unique to your account?