New GCash American Express Virtual Card allows US iTunes account access?

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by docnico, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Ryukun

Ryukun Member

Ohh.. thanks for the details! I wasn't aware of this. I'm not sure if I was charged before when I was still using my mom's credit card in purchasing apps. I always remove my mom's credit card details from my iTunes account after I buy apps for security reasons. Anyway, I guess there's no other problem I see with using the amex card.

2. dakilang_waiter

dakilang_waiter Active Member

Already called Gcash hotline hoping to get a CSR who can complete my postpaid registration process. They both didn't know what this Amex was or what they were supposed to do.

3. almartin

almartin Member

I've successfully registered to GCASH-AMEX. Where can I get the 3 digit security code? (CVC)

4. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

I was excited about this at first then I found out that there's the American express exchange fee plus the gcash transaction fee which if I remember correctly from their FAQ page ranges from 1-4%? So its going to be a bit expensive.

I guess I would still be waiting for Best Buy's sale on their igc or as one member suggested, source it through ebay.

5. andyled

andyled Member

American Express uses a 4 digit security code. I got mine via the GCASH iPhone app, which you can download for free.

6. bernabe69

bernabe69 New Member

For those who've already tried myshoppingbox, how long does the shipping take by air freight, assuming the merchant does a next-day shipping to your nominated US address?

7. beanenergy

beanenergy Member

8. drew_viii

drew_viii Member

are there fees for using it to buy stuffs online? i think i read it somewhere its free just sending or transferring money does apply charges, let me find the link for that...

9. drew_viii

drew_viii Member

10. nouvomx

nouvomx Member

are you talking about this:

1. If I purchase from an international site, how will I be charged of currency conversion rates?
      American Express charges a standard 1.5% above the tagged market rate.GCASH charges a standard 0.5% to 1.5% on top of American Express’ rates.

Or are there other fees they charge beside that?

checking this link https://www.gcashonline.net/gcasham...Virtual Card - Frequently Asked Questions.pdf

Was not able to find any other charges, 5% is a bit too steep in my taste, I hope that isn't the case

11. coffeepad

coffeepad New Member

i tried it to buy a song from iTunes US (first time I ever paid for one!) and it charged me Php44. I think it's okay. at least i get to buy from US iTunes - my credit cards are not working there.

12. Ryukun

Ryukun Member

Will you recommend buying music in the US iTunes store instead in PH iTunes?

13. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

^^^ I'm able to buy songs in the PH store which is also available in the US iTunes store. The only thing missing is the TV shows and Movies.

14. coffeepad

coffeepad New Member

I actually don't like paying for songs but i can't find one of my favorites from corrine bailey rae so i tried it :) but my friends tell me there are some that are only available in US ITUNES.

15. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

^ Err, don't we all have to buy songs?

16. antski

antski Well-Known Member

there are a number of people who forgot that it's illegal not to pay for songs.

17. coffeepad

coffeepad New Member

No worries guys, i'm a recent convert and realized the advantage of buying them :) will also try gcash amex to buy movies.

18. almartin

almartin Member

Has anyone tried it on spotify?

19. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Say what? A *flat* rate that *depends* on the amount? :D

20. suchtambay

suchtambay Member

Lol. Just re read that. It sounded confusing too the second time around.

10 pesos transaction fee per 1000 peso amount.