New 2019 iMacs

Discussion in 'iMac' started by denpacs, Mar 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Zoey

Zoey Active Member

BYTB Mac Mini prices are more expensive then even the PH Apple store. Which was a surprise to me as I’m expecting them to be at least on par.

If you have access to a forwarding service like Johnny Air, buying from Amazon is even more economical even with the shipping fees.

joelsky likes this.
  2. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

There two trains of thought about buying from the US or PH

If you buy from the US you are pretty much assured the cheapest total cost of ownership.

Availability is on day 1.

You also get international warranty.

It takes away income income from the service center located in the Philippines.

PH taxes are minimal or at all gets collected.

BIR wont recognize the purchase.

You can't pay hulugan if money is tight.

3. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Used to buy tons of Macs from local resellers back in the day then they were offering competitive prices to those abroad. My last big purchase from a local retailer was a dozen Mac Minis and a 5k iMac. Unfortunately, they have stopped giving those discounts so I now buy my desktops from the PH Apple store and my portable Macs In US/Hong Kong.

I would gladly buy local if they offer more competitive prices again. They don’t have to be lower, even slightly higher is acceptable as long as it’s not a huge difference.

#83 Salaryman Ryan, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Seven Leaves and Zoey like this.
  4. Zoey

Zoey Active Member

Considering that Apple’s Mac PH market share is bigger then ever, I doubt local resellers are hurting for sales. Besides we savvy bargain hunters are not the main market for the likes of PowerMac and Beyond the Box. Their target market are the customer who do not mind paying full SRP or the ones who are not aware they can get their Macs for much less and these peeps are the majority.

The fact that Beyond the Box dropped the Philmug discount shows that they already have a big enough customer base buying their Macs at SRP that they care less for our discounted business.

#84 Zoey, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Seven Leaves likes this.
  5. Ysa V

Ysa V New Member

Thank you so much for this @Salaryman Ryan, this is EXACTLY what I wanted to know because most likely, Im stuck with this iMac :D

----- AN UPDATE REGARDING MY PURCHASE ------

I gave in and called DHL this morning. Turns out it's already here in the Philippines. They provided me the mother waybill to see the progress.
    This is the first time I'm seeing this after being completely clueless for 2 weeks.

upload_2020-6-17_14-36-38.png

Lovely.

Salaryman Ryan, Seven Leaves and Zoey like this.
  6. King

I think it has more to do with customer or employee fraud. Every so often you see leaks on Philmug about naughty business being done under the nose of the business owners.

Also my point is that if there isnt enough revenue supporting PH after sales support then we may suffer from from no access to it or not being a priority.

I've been buying Mac directly abroad for the past few years since the local pricing even if cash/straight card isn't US SRP + 12% VAT.

It appears they prefer the hulugan customers as they make more money.

Zoey and Seven Leaves like this.
  7. Seven Leaves

Seven Leaves Active Member

Perhaps they are using the shenanigans of a few rotten apples as an excuse to close the Philmug discount program. I do agree with King, the lay away customers are the most lucrative and profitable. Can’t blame them through, I do the same in my business. BYTB has grown so big Philmug purchases must be just a drop in the bucket for them.

Zoey likes this.
  8. Hellodetective18

Hellodetective18 New Member

Hi!
    First time to order Airpods Pro on Apple Philippine Online store. Estimated delivery time is on July 16. Do they usually deliver on time or is it always delayed? First-time buyer jitters hehehe.

Thanks!

9. AVG

AVG Active Member

Mine arrived a week earlier :D

10. Ysa V

Ysa V New Member

I have a previous post here where I shared about buying my iMac last month on the Apple Store. The ETA was June 26 but I actually received it yesterday, June 24! Two days early. Although I had minor issues regarding my shipment tracking link, DHL reassured me that they are "in close coordination with Apple to ensure we get your shipment delivered to you based on the quoted delivery timelines." That's exactly what they said on the e-mail. :) You're good.

11. Hellodetective18

Thanks! I read some other posts about delay deliveries and we also have a pandemic going on so I became anxious hahaha!

12. Hellodetective18

Wooow lucky you! Did yours came from China as well?

13. xdeath010

xdeath010 Member

Hi,
    Anyone looking to get some apple mac in SG?
    Im planning to send my MacAir to my daughter in Tarlac,so if anyone willing to share the cost on LBC or any reliable courier we can agreed let me know.
    messsage PM me.tnx

14. King

Have you computed how much it'll cost to ship 2 units vs 1?

=======

Why you should buy Intel Macs today rather than wait for the Macs with Apple Silicon next year.