Netflix Philippines

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by Adarna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

You should also check out Kantaro: Sweet Tooth Salary Man

macdiver and ronjet like this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Jake Gyllenhaal is back! The Nightcrawler is spooked in this coming Netflix movie.

Juice, rdy0329, Sunil_K and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sir iAco

Sir iAco Well-Known Member

Netflix Jacks Price to $13 Per Month: Here’s Why

yahoo.com

[​IMG]

4. trigo

trigo Well-Known Member

the last increase was October and did not affect us, i wonder if they would increase regional prices too?

5. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

As per Netflix support the the price increase is just for North and Central America. Hopefully it stays that way.

Godfather likes this.
  6. Sir iAco

JohannChua likes this.
  7. Sir iAco

8. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

I just hope that Netflix’s strategy of borrowing so much money would not backfire at them. Anyway if Netflix finances becomes so terrible, Disney will just buy them. Hahahaha

9. p.pipster

p.pipster Well-Known Member

That's what companies do to scale 10x to 100x: get loads and loads of funding. It's normal course of business for these guys.

Netflix is in a great position to raise prices given that there's not a a lot of great alternatives right now outside the US. Their growth strategy is also focused in areas outside of the US. They're in almost every device around the world with a lot of partnerships with telcos and other companies that it would be difficult for a person to not subscribe. They keep putting out content that, personally, I think there's just too many to consume (I am a "complete-ist"... trust me it's a struggle) but there's plenty of people now that go by with Netflix alone.

JohannChua and ronjet like this.
  10. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Man, this series was crazy! Beyond the saliva-inducing desserts that are uniquely Japanese, the over-the-top reactions and dance sequences by the main character was just... :ROFLMAO:

By the way, just browsing along led me to finding "The Real Ghostbusters". I used to catch this every Friday night I believe over at Channel 2 back in the day. I'll binge watch this soon as I'm done with Godzilla 1-3 (animated version).

ronjet and suavecito like this.
  11. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

$9B in long term debt isn't something to scoff at but streaming is just taking off. Growth is there that's why creditors are not worried about Netflix's prospects (for now). Most cable-cutters will still consider Netflix first before adding on or choosing another service to supplement.

137M subscriber is just a drop in the bucket if they're available in 200 countries.

12. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. I read somewhere that Netflix subscribers only watch 30% of their original content, the remaining 70% still watch either non Netflix movies or non Netflix tv series. With Disney, DC, NBC, etc. planning to launch their own streaming services you can be sure they'll pull out their content from Netflix. Netflix borrowing money to invest on original content is actually expected.

13. Sir iAco

Study suggests Netflix’s new price increase will send subscribers fleeing

yahoo.com