Need support for my MBP bought 10/07 - black screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by HeartforAsia, Jul 20, 2009.

1. HeartforAsia

HeartforAsia New Member

My screen went black on me and I've read on the internet it is a known problem with the model I have. The system turns on and off and I can hear sound but both the laptop screen and external output are nonfunctional. Apple apparently is covering the problem even though the unit is out of warranty. My problem is, I live in Baguio. Is there an easy way to get this repaired or do I have drive down to Manila at some point? I saw Apple has an 800 number here but it doesn't work for me.

2. jcdman

jcdman Member

Are there no Apple ASPs (authorized service provider) there? Only an ASP will be able to provide repair service for that. You will also have to call up the hotline so that they can approve your repair free-of-charge before you are directed to an ASP. Try this number: 1-800-14410234

3. HeartforAsia

HeartforAsia New Member

Thanks for the info. Apple was very easy going. They gave me an "exception" as he called it and said that my serial number is now in their system and any ASP will be able to do my warranty repair right away. The problem is I have no ASP to go to here in Baguio. I noticed you are one... Can I ship my laptop to you and pay for the shipping back or make some arrangement like that?

Thanks.

4. HeartforAsia

HeartforAsia New Member

I guess JCDMAN hasn't been back on - Apple only gave me 30 days from the 21st to get the repair done no questions asked. Can any other ASR help me out down in Manila?

5. HeartforAsia

HeartforAsia New Member

Any suggestions as to where the easiest to get to ASR is in Manila? I know how to get to the Mall of Asia if there is an ASR there but that is about it. I don't know the city well at all.

6. enshong

enshong Well-Known Member

There's a Digital Walker branch in Mall of Asia as well as Powermac.

7. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@HeartforAsia:

List of Authorized Service Centers in the RP:

(Comprehensive info, including contact #s, of Resellers & Service Centers can be found at http://www.apple.com/asia/buy/)

8. HeartforAsia

HeartforAsia New Member

Thanks for the info, MoA it is since I know I can get there without being given a ticket - the Manila police like pulling me over so I need to keep away from having to explore haha.

9. jcdman

jcdman Member

Hi HeartforAsia, sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner as I was unable to check on this thread. Are you in Manila? You can bring it to us as we're also an Apple ASP (address is listed in my signature).

What did Apple say the problem was? Is it the LCD? Also, were you able to get a CS code? That's what an ASP would need to be able to order the part and render service cost free.