Need Servicing

Discussion in 'Digital Hub' started by mav1ae, Sep 5, 2012.

1. mav1ae

mav1ae New Member

Hi Sir Charlie

Would like to request for info about serivicing. I am getting a message that my battery in my 15" MBP early 2011 needs servicing. Please provide me with information on how long it will take for the servicing and how much it will cost me. Would require the servicing to be done quickly as I need my mbp for my work and most of the time I go out of country. I will be back to Manila by mid of this month. Please also suggest to which branch I should bring my mbp.

Thank you in advance sir Charlie

2. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

I have the same exact issue on my mom's MBA. I brought it to iRescue yesterday and they told me that it would take 3-5 days for diagnostics (since it's on queue) and 1-2 weeks for the part to arrive and the actual replacement. So I'm looking at 10-20 days, depending on how fast they work on it. If you mac's under warranty, you don't have to pay for anything. Otherwise, the battery costs around $129US/5990PhP and the service fee, if i'm not mistaken, is 1000-1500 pesos.

3. mav1ae

mav1ae New Member

thanks jaijin for the reply. Unfortunately for me, warranty is already finish, so I have no choice but to pay for that fee. Hopefully I can find a branch that will be able to do the process faster. Thanks again.

4. andy g.

andy g. New Member

Hi mav1ae:
    Please bring your unit to our Digital Hub service center here in Vmall, 3floor,near the foodcourt, so that we can give you a more thorough diagnosis.

Thanks!

Andy

5. nuggets

nuggets Member

Just had my mbp's battery replaced by sencolink in makati. Diagnostic test was finished in less than an hour. I brought home my mbp after. Replacement battery came after 3-4 days. Process took less than 30minutes.