Need Help!!!Office 2008 or Acrobat Pro

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by j3yps, Feb 1, 2008.

1. j3yps

j3yps Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

honestly hindi ko alam kung ano yung mei prob kasi hindi gumagana yung pdfmaker toolbar(MS Word) ko as in pagkinlick ko parang wala lang,i already tried to "fix the installation" of acrobat,but still no luck...

2. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

how about using Print and selecting Acrobat 8.0 as printer? I don't know why MS Office 2008 added it but seems redundant. If print works, then MS Word may be having problems with its toolbar...just a guess. I've seen one and I remember it also didn't work.

3. bleh888

bleh888 Active Member

Meron nang MS Office 2008? How different is it from '07?

4. Gomi

Gomi Active Member

Office 2007 is the Windows version... Office 2008 is the Mac version. Since 1998, the Mac version has always been labeled a year ahead of the Windows versions (1997 - 1998, 2000 - 2001, 2003 - 2004, 2007 - 2008). As expected, Office 2008 is more Mac-like and closely mimics the interface conventions introduced in iWork.

Learn more @ mactopia.

5. lnara

lnara Member

Why use Acrobat when you use a Mac? Make your document in whatever application you want to use. When finished, Print it using the PDF option.

6. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Last time I looked, Acrobat CS3 and Leopard don't seem to play nice together in regard to 'printing to PDF' or something. I'm not sure if Adobe (or Apple) has fixed the observed problems between the two. By inference, I would theorize that the problem would extend to Office 2008 too if your platform is Leopard. Tiger and CS2 don't have this particular quirk.

7. hacksaw

hacksaw Member

I am not so familiar with how Word works but if it is capable of saving your file as an .eps, then you can use your Acrobat's distiller and create a PDF from there-that's if you have the Pro version. If it works, I guess Word is the culprit.

OT
    I find it difficult reading your post because your signature is bigger than it. Try to tone it down by making the font small and changing the color to black. Also, as this thread suggests, limit your signature to Mac related items only. I believe I emailed you about this before. I am not trying to play moderator here as I've been recently accused of, but I think as a long time member of PhilMUG, it is my responsibility to help and keep this forum in order without waiting for the moderators to step in. Just my small contribution. Cheers.

~hacksaw

#7 hacksaw, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  8. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

Adobe Acrobat 8 is not compatible with Leopard yet. Adobe promised a fix at the start of this year but as of today there's still none.

You're better off using Mac OSX pdf print dialog in the meantime.

P.S. - don't we also have a rule regarding taglish/text speak?