Need help.. I want to get a new laptop but I also want gaming and Macbook experience

Discussion in 'General OT' started by putakti, Mar 23, 2017.

1. putakti

putakti Active Member

Need some help or maybe tips, I'm in need of getting a new laptop but I don't know which one I want to take. I also want to do some gaming, gamestream and Mac OS experience. I'm thinking of getting a Windows laptop and put hackintosh on it.

Any thoughts?

2. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

I don't think Hackintosh is ok to discuss here sir. It's either get a macbook or get razer coz their design looks a lot like macbooks.

3. cHad

cHad Member

try a ps4 and a macbook air

4. danlincoln

danlincoln Active Member

I had the same dilemma before. My solution was that I just installed Windows to my MBP via Bootcamp.

5. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Problem is he likes gaming too

6. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

Just buy a dedicated Windows gaming laptop for your gaming fix, then buy a second-hand or refurbished Mac Mini for the Mac OS experience. Macs aren't really known for their gaming chops. Come to think of it, I haven't heard the banned term Ha_ _ _ _ _osh in this forum in a loooooong while... Haha! :)

wulf and iDarwin like this.
  7. putakti

putakti Active Member

I just want to have this Gamestream feature, or maybe just try it

8. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

I think it is wiser to buy a gaming console/PC for your gaming experience and a Macbook for your Mac experience.
    I would prefer a console over a gaming pc/laptop because it can last longer before it becomes irrelevant.
    Oh and one more thing..
    C'mon man, you're on Philmug. Hackintosh??? Really?

9. putakti

putakti Active Member

Sorry for that, quite desperate here.

jcsantamarina likes this.
  10. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Build a desktop PC for gaming(cheaper) and a macbook air (OSX experience in a portable shell)

11. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

i would agree with the others - macs really suck big time at gaming. it's a lot easier to just build a PC or get a console for your gaming needs.

if you take out gaming from the equation, the mac/macbook shines on everything else. macbooks get additional points for portability and the trackpad for mobile use.

12. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

PS and Macbook Air

13. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Eto oh...
    thG94OZ0AL.jpg

Sunil_K and wulf like this.
  14. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

YES PLEASE. i actually want one, after the 2016 macbook pros announcement i figured i'd just get something as sexy as the MBP but with the capability to play games.

hitme64 likes this.
  15. murmurr

murmurr Member

If you are a gamer I guess best option is a gaming PC/Laptop like ROG and Predator!

16. yehey9

yehey9 PhilMUG Addict Member

Gaming - well, now that i think of it, you cant really "game" on a laptop.. the "Gaming Laptop" term is i dunno, ironic? you cant do proper gaming on a laptop. yeah specs/performance maybe superb but it will degrade faster than a desktop. computer parts are not upgradeable (well except for the ram, but you get the point). and gaming on a laptop keyboard is meh; be it a Razer or an ROG laptop. and screen to keyboard position is not really ergonomic when gaming for a long time. Im not a gamer btw, but i think this makes sense.

Gamestream - will you stream to twitch or youtube while you play games? you can just install OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) Studio for that. Pair it with a Logitech c920 HD webcam and you can chroma key that joint. haha! if youll just watch, any browser will do. and fiber connection would be nice!

Mac Os Experience - Well there are some windows installable docks that will mimic the os x dock bar. you can just install that to your windows PC/laptop.

Conclusion - Just buy a mac instead and play games on it. Gamestreaming - check; mac os experience - check. "Gaming Laptop" is just a term they use to jack prices up. besides, i think that you just want to play games on the go, not do GAMING gaming on a laptop.

17. putakti

putakti Active Member

Gamestream is Nvidia's feature where you can stream from your desktop to Nvidia Shield TV.